Philips Blu-ray DVD player - BDP2600/94 @4190/-

vkatta

For info of all those who may be interested, available on timtara.com @4490/- and one can use discount coupon TIM300 to get additional discount of Rs. 300/-

This is what STAR CJ has to say about philips as a company:

"Philips is a renounced electronics company catering the global masses with its varied range of top-class electronic products." :lol::lol::lol::clapping::yahoo::thumbsup:

I liked both the way and timing of the humor

On a serious note, I hv a LG BD 550 (region C) and seriously looking for a A+B+C player

my choices with issues
Pana BDT 110 - region hack depends on someone's (group of developer) mercy on me

Toshiba BDX 1200 - again mod kit available for a few model but the 220V model needs to be imported with which comes the hassle of international shipping+customs+endless wait+great hospitality of "world class" carriers

OPPO - all of them cost at least couple of my body parts

many other models are available - mostly I have to pay $350 for a player which is worth $100

In India till now not a single vendor has started doing hardware mod, in a budget of 10-12K I don't know when I will own a decent A+B+C BDP!!

BTW its not far away when region "C" BDPs will be used as spare parts

Arnab

I liked both the way and timing of the humor

On a serious note, I hv a LG BD 550 (region C) and seriously looking for a A+B+C player

my choices with issues
Pana BDT 110 - region hack depends on someone's (group of developer) mercy on me

Toshiba BDX 1200 - again mod kit available for a few model but the 220V model needs to be imported with which comes the hassle of international shipping+customs+endless wait+great hospitality of "world class" carriers

OPPO - all of them cost at least couple of my body parts

many other models are available - mostly I have to pay $350 for a player which is worth $100

In India till now not a single vendor has started doing hardware mod, in a budget of 10-12K I don't know when I will own a decent A+B+C BDP!!

BTW its not far away when region "C" BDPs will be used as spare parts

Arnab

thanks.

even i am on the same hunt. and as you mentioned, not found a single online/real store offering region free BDPs.

this is what i found to be the best bet- bombay electronics:

Multi Region Blu-ray DVD | All Region Free Blu Ray Players

they have world wide shipping, but that way, getting it to india will beat the purpose as freight and custom duty will jack up the price unreasonably. see if you can ask someone to get it for you.

Apart from this player, could you suggest the cheapest blu ray player (doesn't mind if it is region locked) but should be region free for playing DVDs.

Thanks.

Did anyone find a suitable Blu Ray Disc Player in India that can play DVDs of all regions even though the Blu Ray Discs are restricted only to India?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back