Philips HiQ International record player

pksnathan

Friends,
I intend buying a Philips hiq International record player model no 932 because it is having 78 RPM playback facility.I have a few 78 RPM records and since my existing Fisher turntable does not have this playback facility I am going for this Philips turntable.I want to know if this turntable has a ceramic or magnetic cartrdge.I could not find reliable information about this while surfing the net and request friends to enlighten me in this matter.
Thanking you
pksnathan

Friends,
I intend buying a Philips hiq International record player model no 932 because it is having 78 RPM playback facility.I have a few 78 RPM records and since my existing Fisher turntable does not have this playback facility I am going for this Philips turntable.I want to know if this turntable has a ceramic or magnetic cartrdge.I could not find reliable information about this while surfing the net and request friends to enlighten me in this matter.
Thanking you
pksnathan
Hello
Philips hi q international 932 is a decent TT which has ceramic cart and 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM capability. I have this TT along with an audiotechnica table and I am happy with the Philips hi q international. But I have never tried the shellacs on it, rather I spin 78 RPM on my HMV Gramophone.
Regards

Hello
Philips hi q international 932 is a decent TT which has ceramic cart and 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM capability. I have this TT along with an audiotechnica table and I am happy with the Philips hi q international. But I have never tried the shellacs on it, rather I spin 78 RPM on my HMV Gramophone.
Regards
Thanks for your reply.

Please let me know if this ceramic cartridge in Philips HiQ International turntable can be replaced with a MM cartrdge.I request to please clarify my doubt.
Thank you.

I think for 78 rpm you can consider a Audiotechnica LP120 which has 78 speed. Only thing is you may have to upgrade the cart to something like AT 95 with stylus to play 78 speed.

No, you can't replace it with a mm cart because it's phono stage is of ceramic.
Regards
actually a Garrard changer in working condition or a Garrard record player is often preferred for 78s, if you can find one in good condition

good changer models - RC210, RC88, Type-A
good turntables - 4HF (often over priced as folk incorrectly compare it to the Garrard 301), SP25 series

Here are a few examples of Garrards in action with 78s

Last edited:
actually a Garrard changer in working condition or a Garrard record player is often preferred for 78s, if you can find one in good condition

good changer models - RC210, RC88, Type-A
good turntables - 4HF (often over priced as folk incorrectly compare it to the Garrard 301), SP25 series

Here are a few examples of Garrards in action with 78s

Thanks Reubensm for your efforts in replying to my thread.You have taken great pains by postng photos and videos of turntables with 78 RPM. I am thankful for your post.
Thanking you,
Regards,
pksnathan.

I think for 78 rpm you can consider a Audiotechnica LP120 which has 78 speed. Only thing is you may have to upgrade the cart to something like AT 95 with stylus to play 78 speed.
Thanks for your post.But I am told that fully automatic Audio Technica turntable model no.AT LP 120 is no longer in prodection.

Friends,
Thanking you
pksnathan
pls.contact mussiclovers.com

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back