philips ht 3569 - optical out to coaxial in - help needed

Just saw the thread. Wish you had postyed this 2 weeks back would have got one for you from US. I just got it and have connected this to my WD TV and my Philips 4750 and Iron Man in DTS ROCKS!!! in my HTiB.

I will check with MX and get back to you mate.

Great movie. BTW I could only get Iron Man in Dolby Digital. Is the DTS version from U.S. or available locally?

Great movie. BTW I could only get Iron Man in Dolby Digital. Is the DTS version from U.S. or available locally?

:) Torrent download .mkv encoded in DTS

Downloaded it to check my WD TV's performance (as I dont have any Blue Ray player) and its marriage to 4750 :)

:) Torrent download .mkv encoded in DTS

Downloaded it to check my WD TV's performance (as I dont have any Blue Ray player) and its marriage to 4750 :)

Ok. How is the WDTV? I planned for one initially, but put it off as I needed to upgrade my PC first and then wanted a good DAC for my mp3 collection. Shall plan for one in 3 months or so...

Ok. How is the WDTV? I planned for one initially, but put it off as I needed to upgrade my PC first and then wanted a good DAC for my mp3 collection. Shall plan for one in 3 months or so...

Dont want to hijack the thread, i will open one once I complete the setup and have tried all. So far so good. I dont need Network etc in it. It plays any crap, output is good, it looks cuteeeeeeeee and sleek.

Only gripe, it wont support True HD (it will be a problem in 3 yrs once i upgrade my HT but then who knows what will change by then). But customer support says it will with firmware update. So, u r 3 months wait would be a blessing. In case you want anything specific let me know so test that and post the results :)

For 99$ i think its worth every cent.

Tata Sky has the regular audio out (L/R) you can connect to the TV In in the back (check it, my 4750 has it). Tata + audio can be connected through the optical out.

Hi. The coaxial to optical converter is available in Mumbai. Made by the well known MX people. It costs about Rs. 900. MRP around 1.2k I guess.

BTW amazon used to ship only DVDs/ books etc. to India. They did not ship electronic items to India. Check their website for any update/ change.

Yes now they ship to India.Today I checked in AsiaPacific region.

Tx spirovious for pointing out.

Tx reju for the update. Any website/contact info for MX?

Coming to Amazon, thanks for the update. I have only ordered books to India. Rest of electronic goods have always been to my family/relatives/friends in the U.S. who bring it in when they come. Was not aware they did not ship electronic goods, etc. to India. Thanks for the info guys.

MX web- MX

thanks....it contains so many cables....hard to find what i want :D

madbullram, can u elaborate on the connecting to tata sky part ? Please don't mind the bumping of the topic, I'm in a hurry to finalize as the year end offers will get over soon :D

Finally went ahead and bought the philips hts 3569. Will arrive today evening, I'll post a review/quick impressions once I have some hands on with it :D

Finally went ahead and bought the philips hts 3569. Will arrive today evening, I'll post a review/quick impressions once I have some hands on with it :D

Congrats vint. Have a great time blasting. Waiting for your reviews.

^^ thanks moserw.

Thanks to everyone for your inputs. Irony is that, I was a staunch defender of HTiB without dvdp, and now I finally went ahead and bought the same. At the end of the day, should buy whats pleasing to the ears :D

The custom HT system will have to wait....

Hi Vint,

Congrats on your purchase and please do post ur thoughts and comments. Enjoy man! Witout wasting much time yougot what seemed good to you. That's sensible decision.

I didn't get you. Can you pls elaborate a bit ?

Basic funda is, you connect the audio cables to the Audio Out of the Tata Sky and connect to the Audio-In AUX2 of the Philips HTiB. Then you will get the sound through the HTiB and pic through the TV. Here are the screen shots that explain:

Screen shot from Philips Manual:
To make it easy, have added Tata Sky label for you

Screen shot from Tata Sky manual:
To make it easy, have added Philips label; for you

thanks....it contains so many cables....hard to find what i want :D
The cable you need to buy for this is:
221_A_B_C_D_2.jpg

Link: 2 RCA / 2 RCA CORD 3 YARDS S / DLX

Welcome to the Philips Family!

Hope it helps! :)

Last edited:
no problem friend :)

yeah, amazon doesn't even ship video games to India, let alone electronics. Guess will have to get it from someone here in mumbai or someone returning from US.

Looks like I can go ahead with this purchase - :p

You should be able to get this in SP Market in Bangalore. BTW, MX has a outlet in SP market.

Thanks madbullram and sud 98 :)

Let me check SP road this weekend.

I think I'll get normal composite cables along with this HT. I should be able to connect only the R/W parts of this to the HT from Tata sky right ? Tatasky's yellow cable (video) would go into the TV I guess.

Thanks madbullram and sud 98 :)

Let me check SP road this weekend.

I think I'll get normal composite cables along with this HT. I should be able to connect only the R/W parts of this to the HT from Tata sky right ? Tatasky's yellow cable (video) would go into the TV I guess.

Yes, ensure you buy separate R/W audio cables and a single Video (yellow) cable. Dont buy those 3-in-1s.

Congrates,Philips has developed good HT systems recently.I got HT 3565 for my sister & sounds very impressive than Sony HTib.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back