Philips India - Moving Away From Cons. Electronics!!

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Hi ,
Smelling this from a long time......And telling people that philips is not Serious About TVs!!!

Read the News!

The Hindu Business Line : Philips on a rejig, to move away from consumer electronics

Philips on a rejig, to move away from consumer electronics

Bindu D Menon

New Delhi, June 30 In a shift in its India strategy, Philips Electronics has decided to move away from consumer electronics to medical, health and wellness products.

A global supply team will soon make a visit to give effect to the new strategy and restructuring.

There is buoyancy in the healthcare space across the country. We believe that as much 35-40 per cent of the total investment into setting up of a hospital is on the equipment. This gives a huge untapped market opportunity, Mr Elwin de Valk, SVP and Cluster Leader (Growth Cluster), Philips Consumer Lifestyle, told Business Line.

The medical equipment business in India is estimated to be Rs 28,000 crore and growing annually at 12-15 per cent. Philips has a 50 per cent market share in the diagnostic imagery and critical care arena.

The company also plans to evolve its lifestyle business into four categories including healthy living, home living, interactive living and personal care. These include home theatre, water purifiers, and personal care products.

Mr de Valk said the company is mapping various consumer insights to develop products customised especially for the Indian market.

The company is giving increased thrust to its distribution strategy. This means there will be exclusive Philip Arenas in modern format stores to give customers experience about the product range.

On the investment front, he said the bulk of it will be on research and development and manpower training. India is core focus and at least 50 per cent of the companys global budget has been allocated for BRIC nations including India, he said.

---------

Electronics buying is now like investing in stock! You need to read about company,it's Indian Plan,global Plan & Standing,Market for perticular product,local trends,political scenario, social scenario in China & Taiwan etc etc!!!!;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

This may lead to a huge drop in prices of existing Phillips electronic products as they would clear out their existing stocks , good opportunity to get some great deals on their lcd tv's if any are present in the market

well philips was never realy serious about their products in india,i mean look at their websites they have good universal remotes and headphones which aren't even available in philips arena.their lcds also are very rare and its been a close to or over a year since i saw a philips lcds AD in tv.

This may lead to a huge drop in prices of existing Phillips electronic products as they would clear out their existing stocks , good opportunity to get some great deals on their lcd tv's if any are present in the market

But wouldnt one be in hot water when the lcd develops some problem and you will have to turn to the non existent after sales service?

er, but except for the headline and the reporter's opening line, i don't see anything else factual that suggest they are moving away from consumer electronics.....a bigger focus on healthcare equipment doesn't necessarily translate to "moving away from consumer electronics", i think it was an over-imaginative journalist or a an enthusiastic sub-editor who wanted to add some "spice" to the story.

i guess that news might not be entirely true since the economic times article says something different.

The interactive living portfolio will be consumer electronics products like home theatres and flat panel TVs that bring cinematic viewing experience at home. Under personal care, Philips will expand its present range of hair dryers, electric shavers and epilators to include skincare and sleep products like morning wake-up lights.

source:Philips to restructure consumer lifestyle business in India- Electronics-Cons. Products-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

they are just restructuring their consumer electronic products and calling them lifestyle products or something like that.they better don't pull the plug.

Last edited:
They make Consumer Electronics or not but I am not buying their product anymore........absolutely sub standard with very poor customer service......:mad:

The company had stopped innovating and competing. They had a great share in the countrys electronics market few years back.

Guess we could see it coming with the onslaught of the korean brands and easy availaibility of jap and other european brands.

Better be dead then go on sufferring till no end

my sister bought a philips DVD player !

i hope she will not make me the service center guy :mad: if problems come.

They make Consumer Electronics or not but I am not buying their product anymore........absolutely sub standard with very poor customer service......:mad:

Rightly said Deba, Philips sells the worst music systems nowadays. Even the locally made systems sounds way too much better than Philips. But there were times when Philips Powerhouse rocked the scene.

Having recently bought 2 philips products & experienced their poor quality & even poorer ASS, I have sworn never to buy another philips product.....

The right title should be - Consumers moving away from Philips Electronics.

It has been quite a while since Philips came up with a winner in any category. There was a time when Philips also made cellphones.

This shoudl have been done long time ago. From a corporation perspective they are investing in the right areas. Their products in the recent years have attempted to be the crappiest in the market. And like Sony they have been very slow in moving into certain markets.

Another big one bites the dust I guess....

Thank God at last we will not be able to see those Philips junk.....but if taken by Videocon I dont see a very bright future either........:sad:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back