Phillips Home Theatre HTB5510D

OledPhile

I am looking for 5.1 surround sound system to watch movies. Saw this on Olx at 10k, possibly negotiable further. Is this model any good? Haven’t seen much about Phillips home theatres on the internet. Doesn’t seem to be much popular.

Any suggestions/advise will be highly appreciated.

I am always a Philips fan and have this model (Outdated) which is still going strong after 10yrs, but I hardly use it now. It has become a show piece now.

Why did you stop using it? Can you tell me something about its sound quality?

Old models were TOO good, but not now. I had everything Philips, but as of now they are nowhere seen in consumer electronics. Read reviews on amazon and you find they have become pathetic in terms of quality, and serviceability. If looking for 2nd hand, no harm, but check personally ... especially at high volume

I am looking for 5.1 surround sound system to watch movies. Saw this on Olx at 10k, possibly negotiable further. Is this model any good? Haven’t seen much about Phillips home theatres on the internet. Doesn’t seem to be much popular.

Any suggestions/advise will be highly appreciated.

Hi

There are very few brands and models which really ensure to be able to deliver actual 5.1 experience. This is what I have seen through the years. Other brands in the competition at that time was LG and Samsung......including Sony. There is no doubt in the sound quality and punch for some of them.

Slowly Soundbars have come now to supposedly be the best option for tight spaces and claim to process 5.1 (which many cant). I would still go for a traditional 5.1 setup of separates than a Home Theatre in a Box (HTiB).

There are many options available on olx, basis budget check these options and also consider the availability of spares as usually if the board goes bad...it is not available.

All the best....

Some specs on this model.

Why did you stop using it? Can you tell me something about its sound quality?

I haven't stopped using completely, but rare. During that period, owning a 5.1 was really excitement and this purchase did justice to the sound. But now, we have come a long way with much improved acoustics.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Unfortunately the system got sold before I make my mind. My search for budget pre-owned 5.1 system continues... I personally prefer a receiver with ARC support and decent 5.1 speaker set. Any suggestions on that would be great, my budget is between 8K to 12K.

Lately I see a lot of Onkyo receivers popping up on OLX. But I have heard Onkya had issues with their DSP since few years now. So I am trying to stay away from them.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back