Phillips HTS3366/98

ac1967

Hello,

I recently bought a Phillips HTS3366/98 home theatre system. I've no issues playing CDs on this. However when I try and play a new DVD that I bought here in Bangalore, I get a "wrong region" error. I did confirm that the DVD was actually manufactured in India. Since I've not played a DVD on this system yet, I wanted to check if there is some setting I need to change on the home theater system or is this an issue with the DVD?

Thanks for your replies.

Hello,

I recently bought a Phillips HTS3366/98 home theatre system. I've no issues playing CDs on this. However when I try and play a new DVD that I bought here in Bangalore, I get a "wrong region" error. I did confirm that the DVD was actually manufactured in India. Since I've not played a DVD on this system yet, I wanted to check if there is some setting I need to change on the home theater system or is this an issue with the DVD?

Thanks for your replies.

DVDs manufactured in India are often Regoin 1 or Region 5.
You need to get yr system region code unlocked.

Pls contact the Philips service centre - they will help you with this.

You can also try :
DVD Player and Blu-ray Player region codes - VideoHelp.com

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Try this:
Open the DVD tray
From your remote, type 99990
That's it. Your region code will be unlocked to region 0. You can now play all region DVDs

You have not responded whether the solution worked for you.
If you confirm, it can also help others. I used this solution for a different Philips model that is why the need to confirm.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back