Picking up a projector from Singapore or Amazon?

John

Hi folks,

I am looking to buy a 1080p 3D projector soon (upgrading from the Optoma HD65 - which still has a lot of lamp life and really doing well).

I am looking for something in the league of Benq W1070 , Optoma HD141x, HD142x, or later updates.

Going to visit Singapore soon. It it worth getting one there? Or is it too much hassle with Kolkata customs and the like (I know they can be bad).

Which is a good place to buy PJs in Singapore? Or should I get one via Amazon/ Ebay GEB/NewEgg?

Any good deals from Amazon/Newegg?

Also, any specific models I should be looking at in the same league?

Thanks,

US would be a better place to get them from if someone is coming, they could hand carry them. Should not be a problem with customs in Mumbai or Chenna. Have no idea of Kolkata

Hi folks,

I am looking to buy a 1080p 3D projector soon (upgrading from the Optoma HD65 - which still has a lot of lamp life and really doing well).

I am looking for something in the league of Benq W1070 , Optoma HD141x, HD142x, or later updates.

Going to visit Singapore soon. It it worth getting one there? Or is it too much hassle with Kolkata customs and the like (I know they can be bad).

Which is a good place to buy PJs in Singapore? Or should I get one via Amazon/ Ebay GEB/NewEgg?

Any good deals from Amazon/Newegg?

Also, any specific models I should be looking at in the same league?

Thanks,

was curious to know which model you have finalised, and how you got it?

I dont see much value purchasing from Singapore. Also you may need to check warranty validity in India if you purchase there.

I purchased a Benq W2000 for around 75k INR in Singapore last month and hand carried it back with me to Chennai. In India I saw that the price was around 125K INR for the same, so quite a big saving. Had no problems with the custom in Chennai, not sure about other cities though.

If buying from the US, I think you need to check if the voltage supply in India (220 V) is supported as well.

I purchased a Benq W2000 for around 75k INR in Singapore last month and hand carried it back with me to Chennai. In India I saw that the price was around 125K INR for the same, so quite a big saving. Had no problems with the custom in Chennai, not sure about other cities though.

If buying from the US, I think you need to check if the voltage supply in India (220 V) is supported as well.

Hi wisetrack,

Did you purchase it from SIMLIM tower, Singapore or from any other store in Singapore? As I am also planning to buy one Projector from Singapore.

I too visited SIMLIM tower in Singapore which is considered as main hub for electronics in Singapore but found apart from TV and AV Receiver/Amplifier( Ex Denon 1300x quoted as $499 Singapore Dollar without bargain which is almost half the price of indian model) all other thing's(EX Speakers) price is almost same as India. But found wide range of Speaker models are available there.

Thanks,
Sujit

Last edited:
Hi wisetrack,

Did you purchase it from SIMLIM tower, Singapore or from any other store in Singapore? As I am also planning to buy one Projector from Singapore.

I too visited SIMLIM tower in Singapore which is considered as main hub for electronics in Singapore but found apart from TV and AV Receiver/Amplifier( Ex Denon 1300x quoted as $499 Singapore Dollar without bargain which is almost half the price of indian model) all other thing's(EX Speakers) price is almost same as India. But found wide range of Speaker models are available there.

Thanks,
Sujit
You need to get to The Adelphi in Singapore ; you'll find most of the hifi brands in the world.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

You need to get to The Adelphi in Singapore ; you'll find most of the hifi brands in the world.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy,

You are right, I went to "The Adelphi" this evening for 30 minutes, and it is awesome. Because of time constraint could not shop anything. Will do over the weekend. Thanks machha for your valuable information.

Regards,
Sujit

I have a Runco Projector 3 CHIP DLP Projector. Its Up for sale at 1.9. It does 2100 Lumens and is FULL HD. If you are interested please pm me.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back