• Total voters

kunal.walkay

Hi Frnds !!!
I am planning to buy a car audio system. Need help !!!! Have my eyes on

" Pioneer FH-P6050UB " :rolleyes:
Features
Segmented OEL (Organic EL) display
Direct AUX-in by mini-jack (rear)
USB direct connection: USB 2.0 (full speed)
iPod direct connection (use with CD-IU50)
Bluetooth adapter ready
Advanced Sound Retriever
EEQ
7-band digital graphic equalizer
Rotary Commander
Direct Sub Drive
2 RCA pre-outs: selectable (front + rear/front + subwoofer)

" Sony WX-GT77UI " :rolleyes:
Features S-MOSFET Output Power: 52W x 4
24bit DAC
Pre Out x 2
Frontal Aux-In
Preset FM18 / AM12
EQ3 Stage2 (3-Band Equalizer/7 Modes)

With 440 W sony speaker

I have no Idea as which pioneer speakers will give me better or same sound clarity and out put as sony 440w
No amps needed.
Please help...... Which one should I buy ?????????????????

Thank's
Kunal

I would go with the Pio HU and get speakers from Illusion/Alpine/Bull/Hertz. Pio and JBL sound quite bright IMHO. Pio speakers are nothing great.
I won't touch Sony even with a 500ft pole:p.
Now, do you absolutely need a 2 DIN HU? An entry level 1 DIN Alpine would do a MUCH better job than these 2 DIN systems.

hi kunal.walkay,

actually there is no contest -

pioneer has a steering wheel remote compatible with their head units and sony does not.

so if your car does not have audio controls on the steering wheel, you must get the pioneer.

sony ICE is not worth considering at all.

regards

i agree on the same i have been personally using the Pioneer car audio systems for over 10 years , never faced any issues, yes i also have the steering wheel remote on my steering and it is awesome ..

Hi Frnds,
Thank's a lot for all the prompt feedback.
I stay in pune. I have found alpine head units tho.
I now have a clear view as what I can opt for. However, I am still confused with the speaker part.
I have decided over the "Pioneer 2 Din" Head unit. :)
However, need some Idea about the speakers .
What I have in mind is Pio 2 din ( which looks clasi ) and JBL speakers ( 3 way or 4 way ? ) like I read in many reviews.
400w rare oval spk JBL and 150 w front speakers. would be a good combo i guess. What say ?

Kindly suggest...
Your feed back is hightly appreciated !!!
I also heard that wires make a bid difference. Where as pio 2din come with a wire set?
I would really like to know more about the stearing wheel remote control and its cost ?
I am would love clarity on low volume but when needed can rock some music .
I have no plans or budget for an Amplif or even a sub wofer. So need good speakers.

Thanks a lot... waiting for your replies !!!
Kunal

Hi Frnds,
Thank's a lot for all the prompt feedback.
I stay in pune. I have found alpine head units tho.
I now have a clear view as what I can opt for. However, I am still confused with the speaker part.
I have decided over the "Pioneer 2 Din" Head unit. :)
However, need some Idea about the speakers .
What I have in mind is Pio 2 din ( which looks clasi ) and JBL speakers ( 3 way or 4 way ? ) like I read in many reviews.
400w rare oval spk JBL and 150 w front speakers. would be a good combo i guess. What say ?

Kindly suggest...
Your feed back is hightly appreciated !!!
I also heard that wires make a bid difference. Where as pio 2din come with a wire set?
I would really like to know more about the stearing wheel remote control and its cost ?
I am would love clarity on low volume but when needed can rock some music .
I have no plans or budget for an Amplif or even a sub wofer. So need good speakers.

Thanks a lot... waiting for your replies !!!
Kunal

Pioneer have polycones and they are not very good on the ears. Avoid them

Jbl makes very good rears 6" x 9" with treated paper cones and these are really good.

i have a basic pioneer and jbl combination for my hatchback. it works pretty well for me. if you are in pune i suggest you do visit CARAX, Auto Accessories Store in Pune, India's Largest Car Accessories Store, Quality Car Accessories Stores at Pune, Live Car Audio System Shop, Car Music System on Pune Highway, 3M Car Care Products, Alloy Wheels in Pune, Good Car Accessories Mall,. they have 3-4 demo rooms with various setups including blaupunkt.

Thank's a lot... Will surely go have a look . Quite impressive !

Hi Frnds !!!
Finally got a 'Pioneer HU 2din' and 'JBL' speakers installed. It Rocks !!! :yahoo:
Thanks to all of you for all the prompt responses. Appreciated !!! :)
JBL Quality ( Hats off ) Its worth the peny you invest.
Where as pioneer is concerned, no dought it stands apart from the regular stuff that you may be attracted to, among Head units (HU ). Sply Sony compaired to Pioneer. I personally would suggest people or hardcore music lovers to go in for Pioneer after all my research finally being one of the proued owners of Pioneer.
Note : There is a difference between Noise and Music. If you can reason that, you can chose between sony and pioneer. My simply and blunt view towards quality.
Thanks' again !!!
Cheers :yahoo:

Last edited:
Yes Kunal you are absolutely correct.

I also got pio + jbl combination for my SUV one day ago and it really rocks. I was planning to add a sub initially, however now I feel that there is no need of a amp + sub in my vehicle as I am getting adequate bass response from the JBLs. My head unit is DVH 4190 which has in-built processors for both audio and video.

Very True !!! Jbl has good bass effect . 947 400w 100rms ( 4 oms )with amp works great ! If you have no amp just a good head unit even the 280w 70rms ( 2oms ) will work wonders better clarity than 947. You won't feel the need for a subwf.

Hello,
I am planning to buy a hatchback (mostly fabia). I want a head unit from Pioneer/Blaupunkt. Not so expensive as I personally dont like to hear music while driving as it will not allow me to feel the engine and the car. So mostly for my wife.
So a decent quality pioneer and supporting speakers will do. Which models I need to look into. (will all come under 15~20K?)

Hello,
I am planning to buy a hatchback (mostly fabia). I want a head unit from Pioneer/Blaupunkt. Not so expensive as I personally dont like to hear music while driving as it will not allow me to feel the engine and the car. So mostly for my wife.
So a decent quality pioneer and supporting speakers will do. Which models I need to look into. (will all come under 15~20K?)

Hello Sir,

I would suggest you a pioneer HU ' DEH-2190UB ' and JBL 280w speakers with 70 rms. Front 180w speakers JBL.
Pioneer Hu DEH-2190UB : has Advance Sound Retriever which pirated Cd's with good effect unlike Sony. http://www.pioneer-india.in/Product.aspx?id=15
Hu : 7500 / - Apx
Rare speakers : 3500 / - Apx
Frnt speakers : 1200 / - Apx
Installation cables come along with the Hu and JBL speakers , each 1 year warranty.
The speakers will provide you good bass effect along with amazing clarity and the front speaker with inbuilt tweeter give you the perfect tune.
If you are in Pune ( MH ) , may I suggest you " Plaza Car Stereo's " Quarter gate, Camp Ph : 020-26134414 ( Contact Mr Altaf )

Regards.
Kunal

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back