pioneer bdp 170/160 as cd player

joemathew85

hai, I wud like to set up a stereo sytem. im planning to buy Yamaha as500 amp and im already havin tweo polk speakers. my question is how gud is the analogue stereo out of bdp 160/170. how gud is the DAC.im planning to use it as the cd player.

Pioneer BDP 170 +VSX 923k in a stereo setup with Wolfson Audio Grande283... Sounds like heaven to me... Go for it and its really good.

Have you tried the WiFi on the BDP-170? Any hints on the performance?

BTW, I'm planning to ship a Region B Sony-BDP-6200 from the UK if I don't get hold of a BDP-170 for under 12k!

i was also going to buy Pioneer BDP 170 @ 12.5K. The dealer told me that it would not work with my 2TB hard disk and thats the biggest point as i m only buying this to play music and movies through Pioneer not from my LED so that i can connect it direct to my AVR and stereo amp. Please help if any body have any clue on this.

I can try it out (2TB hdd with BDP-170) and update you, if possible by tonight.

Looks like am a little late. read in another thread, you have already got your player and using your 2TB HDD.

Congratulations. Enjoy!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back