Pioneer DV-3052V for CDs

amit11

Hi Friends,

Has anybody experience on the player Pioneer DV-3052V for listening to CDs?

Around 3 months back I had purchased amplifier Yamaha AS-500 and Tannoy Mercury V4i. I do not have a CD player / nor any CDs. I currently listen by connecting my iPod to the amplifier.

The shop from where I had purchased them, suggested to 'expand' and listen to CDs for better fidelity.

What he said me that initially I can get the Pioneer DV-3052V player for CDs. It costs around Rs.4500. I can listen by connecting the analog out of the CD.
Later he would suggest me some DAC which can be connected to it via digital coaxial out. In a way he was trying to say not to purchase expensive CD player immediately, rather spend the money on a good DAC later.

Please let me know your thoughts.
I am also slightly confused as I understand that though we use a cheap CD player as a transport and connect it to a good DAC, the clock of the CD transport can introduce jitter. (since it is a cheap cd player).
Also I have a read somewhere since technically it is a DVD player, though it can play CDs, a dedicated CD player is always better for playing CDs.

Regards,
Amit.

Generally Pioneer DVD players are cost effective solution as a decent CD player. Please check the built in DAC in the model. Of course dedicated CDP will be superior.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back