Pioneer DV 600: Slow loading of AVI via USB

alladinkachirag

Guys,

I am playing AVI files via USB on Pioneer DV 600. I believe the USB profile is 2.0. The movies are playing perfectly fine, only the issues is with the movie load time i.e. the lag between the selection of movie and the actual start of play of movie. Sometimes it takes upto 1 min to actually start the play of the movie. Just displays "Indexing Percentage" for that time. Did you experience such a behavior?

Guys,

I am playing AVI files via USB on Pioneer DV 600. I believe the USB profile is 2.0. The movies are playing perfectly fine, only the issues is with the movie load time i.e. the lag between the selection of movie and the actual start of play of movie. Sometimes it takes upto 1 min to actually start the play of the movie. Just displays "Indexing Percentage" for that time. Did you experience such a behavior?

Try updating firmware if available...

Try updating firmware if available...
I believe the loaded firmware should be the latest one as I purchased it quite recently some 1 and half month back. But will check on internet for the available firmwares. BTW this issue seems not to be found anywhere on internet (read: In search results from Google). So I think I will have to live with it.

I believe the loaded firmware should be the latest one as I purchased it quite recently some 1 and half month back. But will check on internet for the available firmwares. BTW this issue seems not to be found anywhere on internet (read: In search results from Google). So I think I will have to live with it.

Try arranging items on usb storage as seperate folders for mov, music.

Guys,

How big are the movie files? What capacity USB drive are you using? Is it full? Have you tried with only one movie on the drive?

How big are the movie files? What capacity USB drive are you using? Is it full? Have you tried with only one movie on the drive?
I have an external hard disk, formatted into FAT32 (8GB) partition. I have two files on that partition...The files are about 800 MB each. I did not try with just one movie on the drive...but if I would have to then it defeats the purpose of having an external storage for the movies...The drive is also not full.

Interesting comparison between DV600 & 610 says 600 is faster than 610 in loading USB files-

link-http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1101823

comparison from other forum & not me-
Both DVD players use exact same chipset and DACs:
ES29LV160EB-70TGI EEprom (faster version, theres also 90ns)
MT1389EXE DVD Processor (very good processor, not as good as Zoran!!!)
64MB RAM
PCM1742 DAC (X 3)
Capacitors are of very decent quality.
The PCBs are exactly the same.

DV600 has OLDER firmware can be upgraded to the very latest 09_2008 version.
DV600 has better USB power routing straight from the PS board hence it should power up 2.5 HDD quicker / easier.
DV610 has marginally quicker RAM (5ns vs. 6ns) but this is negligible.

Everything else is exactly the same. I would go for 600 if cheaper AND if you know how to upgrade the firmware.

I have DV610; brilliant picture and up scaling, mediocre sound Supports only plain FAT format therefore it can read from HDD / memory sticks no larger than 4GB. Or large HDD but with two partitions first one will have to be only 4GB in size. The USB port powers up my 2.5 HDD without any problem. DivX looks fabulous. Very good ORION transport / laser as well!
Did I mention that the sound is really bad?

Zoran approach to DVD processing is the only one that will correctly read and display DivX files with AC3 sound tracks (!!!) Also, Zoran has sued MediaTek over copyrights issues.

I have Singer DVD player with Zoran processor that thing will read absolutely everything bit better than Media Tek.

Last edited:
...Zoran approach to DVD processing is the only one that will correctly read and display DivX files with AC3 sound tracks (!!!) Also, Zoran has sued MediaTek over copyrights issues.

I have Matrix Trilogy in Divx (AVI) AC3 and it plays flawlessly on Pio 600. Earlier I had Pio 676 which I just replaced with Pio 600 (676 was a 2003-04 model, but was great). Purchased 600 because I just needed one more DVD player. The older 676 is now hooked up to parents TV.

Pio 600 can read FAT32 partitions upto 8GB..its just that there is some issue with the data streaming on USB using my Seagate harddrive.

Anyone who thinks using a harddrive meant for data streaming resolves this issue? Like the DB53 range of HDD from Seagate or probably one from Western Digital? Though I think using a Solid state drive (Flash) should be fast enough...Any comments?

Dunno, if this issue is specific to Pioneer players, i have a LG 388 player, and i have attached a 40 gig portable hdd to it, it plays all the files from the hdd, the smaller files take less time to load, the bigger ones a little more,

Fat partition is not restricted to 4gb anymore, there are tools out there like swiss knife etc to create partition size bigger than 4g, on my hd i have a 40 gig fat 32 partition,

The only challenge with Fat 32 is that i cant copy a file bigger than 4 gig, thats the max size it will copy, anything bigger than 4gb it will not copy on the hd.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back