Pioneer HTP-4700 versus Onkyo HTS 3100

prakasse

Hi folks,

Today i saw an advertisement that Pioneer HTP-4700 is available for
Rs 19,900.[with free pioneer dvd palyer]

Product link
HTP-4700

I Also heard Onkyo HTS 3100 is available for RS 19,900.

Which one is better in terms of quality/features? which is the best buy?

Thanks.

Prakasse:

Both these products have very similar specifications. The Pioneer seems to have a few advantages:

1. Sound Retriever (Restores the quality of compressed audio)
2. New Freescale 180MIPS Processing DSP

The best would be for you to audition both systems and pick up the one your ears likes.

Cheers

Hi folks,

Today i saw an advertisement that Pioneer HTP-4700 is available for
Rs 19,900.[with free pioneer dvd palyer]

Product link
HTP-4700

I Also heard Onkyo HTS 3100 is available for RS 19,900.

Which one is better in terms of quality/features? which is the best buy?

Thanks.

It all comes down to what you will be using it for...

I can vouch for the Onkyo, its great VFM and abosolutely rocks for movies. Music will not be very good on it though. Not sure about the Pioneer, but they really are not speaker manufacturers... Pioneer is great with TVs, AVRs, car audio, etc.

Onkyo 3100 sounds quite good indeed. And absolutely value for money.
It's available for 17790.00 at Hypercity in Mumbai.

Hiya,

Well the sytem is not too bad..its better compare to the Sony HT with that range and not better than Onkyo-3100,

I have taken up an audition of their sytems,pretty good for movies,speakers are tall boy sleek black finish.

Well they have the similar sytem which comes with inbuilt amp DVD and the 5.1 surround speakers...its cost around 15k.

Cheers
Shagi

Hi,

Everybody knows Pioneer has reputation in Car audio.
Then can we assume Pioneer AVR can do the same with 5.1?
Anybody got it?

What I hear is that the HT3100 is not good with Audio. Has anybody tested the 3100 with mp3s? how good is the sound?

Hi dawg,

HT3100 is great with movies, but I cannot really say great with mp3s or even Audio CDs. Its good with music in DTS/5.1, but very few of that is available. Music on mp3s is pretty good though when you run the Dolby Pro II Music mode. You would be better off with say Audioengine speakers or even decent Creative speakers if you play mp3s off of your PC.

Yeah. Thanks Moderw. I think we'll be better off playing mp3s on our laptop/pc using Creative speaker systems.
Is the HTP-4700 good with music? or is it more or less like the 3100?

Yeah. Thanks Moderw. I think we'll be better off playing mp3s on our laptop/pc using Creative speaker systems.
Is the HTP-4700 good with music? or is it more or less like the 3100?

On paper it looks on par with the Onkyo 3100, but I cannot really say without an audition. I have never really seen a Pioneer HT system till now actually. I have seen tons of them in cars, in fact even I have a Pioneer Receiver, a Kenwood amp coupled with Pioneer speakers and JBL subwoofer in my car and the sound is awesome to say the least, but there is a lot of difference between a car and a home and for homes all the folks I know have gone with a Yamaha or an Onkyo or basically a mix and match with HK, Denon, Wharfedale, etc. thrown in.

The best I can say is go with your ears. Audition them and go for them if you like what you hear. That's what I have done and I am not disappointed.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back