pioneer HTZ180 DVD

balaiaf

Hello friends,
One channel of my player / amp unit (Pioneer HTZ 180 DVD) is burnt. Service center has said nothing is possible now. however the player and speakers are perfectly alright. Can i connect a seperate amp with my player to utilise the system for some time? If so which amp should i go for. My budget is max 10000. Also plz suggest is this exercie worth it?

Hi balaiaf

I just went through the owner's manual to understand the system better.

HTZ-180DVD - Home Entertainment Packages - Home Entertainment : Products :: Pioneer

This system is a HTiB (Home Theatre in a Box) which is compact and usually tends to have issues after some years...when you try to repair the same, parts or card boards are not available or outdated....this is the sad truth about HTiBs.

There is no Audio Out option which you could have used the player to be connected to another AVR and use the same existing speakers....So sadly this means you need to go in for another system although you can use the speakers....this means that you will need to match the specifications of the speakers with the new amplifier you would purchase....very important...

You may want to look at the threads "Sale by Owner" or refer to online classified sites if you are fine in owning perused systems...that is if you don't have the budget...You could look at Entry level Home Theatres of Yamaha like YHT196 or YHT 199 if you want to buy a new one....you would need to have a separate DVD / Blu Ray player purchased and connected....Don't go for HTiBs as repairing is not an option available in future...

You can click on my user name to see related posts or you can read posts / threads on Home Theatres by doing a search in HFV

thanx man. I am fairly clear what to do next. Let me put all my time in finding a good home theater sys.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back