Pioneer Kuro prices in India

plasmoid

Was wondering if anyone knows the prices of the following models in India:

PDP 428XG (HD ready)
PDP LX-5090 (Full HD)

Thanx

Slightly off topic but, how would 428XG compare with Sony W series in terms if the usage will be mainly SD content and Tata sky? The prices are comparable for the two, but Sony W series is full HD LCD with 100Hz technology.

Slightly off topic but, how would 428XG compare with Sony W series in terms if the usage will be mainly SD content and Tata sky? The prices are comparable for the two, but Sony W series is full HD LCD with 100Hz technology.

well if u are comparing to W450A series being a FHD tv will not do well compared to the pioneer which is a HD ready tv,but the W450A iself is going to be EOL since it will be replaced by the new W550A this one has a much better SD performance due to the improved bravia engine 3,the contrast levels are also more by around 30% to 50% compared to the old W400/W450A series and will definetly be more then the old pioneer.

well if u are comparing to W450A series being a FHD tv will not do well compared to the pioneer which is a HD ready tv,but the W450A iself is going to be EOL since it will be replaced by the new W550A this one has a much better SD performance due to the improved bravia engine 3,the contrast levels are also more by around 30% to 50% compared to the old W400/W450A series and will definetly be more then the old pioneer.

Has SONY started advertising for BE3? Have not seen anything on their India Website either.

Has SONY started advertising for BE3? Have not seen anything on their India Website either.

when ever did sony india update their websites on time,anyway we should see it this month or by next month,the new models mostly should already be available in the grey market.

Hi Mridul,

I know this is an old thread and long gone, but just curious to know if anyone bought the Kuros' and if there is a chance to get to see this panel in action. Anyone wanting to sell their Kuro or current market availability, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hi just joined this forum. I have recently picked up a pioneer kuro KRP 500A .. would appreciate advice on how to get the best PQ from this set have not changed any of the factory settings yet .

Yes bought it in india . can any one help me with the best settings during initial period to prevent screen burn in . was using a 500va APC ups earlier with my samsung lcd tv , Tata Sky hd plus stb and a Sony 470 blu ray player with no problem as i have a back up generator but with the kuro it goes in to overload protection . what capacity ups should i get dont need more than 5 mins back up . It is mainly there not to distrupt recordings .

Last edited:
not particular to kuro but general to plasma,keep the contrast and brightness around 50% and avoid blackbars(4:3,2.35:1 content) , gaming with static hud etc for first 100hours,

Yes bought it in india . can any one help me with the best settings during initial period to prevent screen burn in . was using a 500va APC ups earlier with my samsung lcd tv , Tata Sky hd plus stb and a Sony 470 blu ray player with no problem as i have a back up generator but with the kuro it goes in to overload protection . what capacity ups should i get dont need more than 5 mins back up . It is mainly there not to distrupt recordings .

Welcome to the forum Gurbal. Congratulations on your purchase. Can you share with us how much you paid for the Kuro, what size, grey market or with bill and the source of your buy? I was under the impression, Kuros are no longer available, not in India.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back