Pioneer or Yamaha AVR ?

rksingh1

I am looking for upgrading my AVR and I had shortlisted below items to consider from:

1. Denon 3600h or 4500
2. Marantz 6014
3. Pioneer LX304 or 504
4. Yamaha Aventage 1080

9.2 channel is not must but good to have. When it comes to AVR - everyone always recommends Denon or Marantz. Is it because Pioneer and Yamaha are not good enough and inferior in general?

To me - Denon and Marantz popularity largely looks like a marketing strategy and reach of those distributors with very good dealers margin. What do you feel?

How would you rate the above AVRs purely based on the quality and performance for movies and music. Also, pls suggets if you have the opinion based on real life demo or it is a perception based on internet reviews.

Looking forward to hear from you all.

If you are planning for Pioneer dont go less than SC LX series which is real Elite series.Had hands-on experience with SC LX 59 it was built like a tank.
Vsx is pseudo elite.
Pioneer resale value is less, if that matters to u.
I read somewhere that pioneer is closing the show..Please check once.

My vote goes to Marantz 6014/ Denon X4500.

Marantz porthole display is big concern for me and it bothers me a lot . Ultimately my preference goes to Marantz and i have 2 Marantz puppies in my Primary and Secondary setup.

Read somewhere Yamaha 1080 distort at high volume but i know Yamaha build quality is good and pre out voltage is a drawback..may be i am wrong..
GOOGLE for the points i mentioned here.

Ps - These suggestions given based on your current setup and the models short-listed by u

Atb.

Last edited:
Denon,marantz UI and set up is very simple and easy. One major draw back I found with pioneer is no individual crossover settings. Only in the higher end models it is available. Not sure if it’s the same with Yamaha as well. It’s been quite some time pioneer quit home audio in India. They removed the home audio column from their official website. Yamaha,Marantz and Denon have equally good brand image and comes down to individual preference. Marantz costs more to the equivalent models of Denon since it has better built quality and also some of the components used are better. Based on my taste and auditions Denon is the best especially for movies.

I am looking for upgrading my AVR and I had shortlisted below items to consider from:

1. Denon 3600h or 4500
2. Marantz 6014
3. Pioneer LX304 or 504
4. Yamaha Aventage 1080

9.2 channel is not must but good to have. When it comes to AVR - everyone always recommends Denon or Marantz. Is it because Pioneer and Yamaha are not good enough and inferior in general?

To me - Denon and Marantz popularity largely looks like a marketing strategy and reach of those distributors with very good dealers margin. What do you feel?

How would you rate the above AVRs purely based on the quality and performance for movies and music. Also, pls suggets if you have the opinion based on real life demo or it is a perception based on internet reviews.

out of the above, would prefer denon 4500 for HT. Havent listened to the newer Yamaha but the build quality of yamaha seems superior

My vote will go with denon for movies, marantz for music and yamaha for balance. Out of these the model you mentioned, I will go with 4500,although all of these will be out of stock everywhere. You should compare x7xx and xx15 series, since only these are available at normal prices

Hold on. Don't upgrade to any 4k right now. Since your are already having a good receiver. It's will be a good choice to upgrade with 8k receiver. Might be after 2 years we will get some contents. I came across some news a new format which supports 8k with reduced size is in research.

Since you are staying in bangalore. I suggest denon are having good services, for marantz you have ship to Mumbai. I heard from FM yamaha high end are so good.

In case if you are sure that 8k contents are not going to come for next 3 years then you can choose denon 4500

Also why can't you think about power amp and preout avr. Which will be more options to choose.

Hold on. Don't upgrade to any 4k right now. Since your are already having a good receiver. It's will be a good choice to upgrade with 8k receiver. Might be after 2 years we will get some contents. I came across some news a new format which supports 8k with reduced size is in research.

Since you are staying in bangalore. I suggest denon are having good services, for marantz you have ship to Mumbai. I heard from FM yamaha high end are so good.

In case if you are sure that 8k contents are not going to come for next 3 years then you can choose denon 4500

Also why can't you think about power amp and preout avr. Which will be more options to choose.
8k is the most useless feature and something that is not at all required for now.Even now we get few movies and a lot tv shows released on full HD. Also the tv’s we have are not native 4k but ultra HD only. Let’s say there is content available for 8k after 2 years. He needs to upgrade his display, source, cables that can support 8k. Waste of money I would say and totally not required. Paying extra money for 8k waste of money IMO. Fm’s grab the current or previous year avr’s as long as stocks are available and save some cash. Massive price hikes for these 8k receivers in Denon and marantz. Denon 2700 launched at 93k which is a joke

1. Denon 3600h or 4500
2. Marantz 6014
3. Pioneer LX304 or 504
4. Yamaha Aventage 1080

Denon 4500 / Yamaha 1080 - they are pretty comparable in terms of features and performance. The only downside is the YPAO room correction in Yamaha, I feel it falls behind the Audyssey XT32 shipped with higher-end Denon.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back