Pioneer receiver repair in Delhi

Earthling

Hi guys
I recently moved back from the US and got my pioneer vsx1121k receiver with me. Since te receiver only works on 110v I got a 1500 w step down transformer from guru electronics in Delhi. I plugged in the receiver a few days ago and it wouldn't turn on. It turns for a second but then turns off and the red iPad/iPod light keeps blinking.

Called pioneer tech support in the US. Tried resetting but that didnt work.The guy on the phone seemed to think there is an issue with the power supply or a blown out fuse. He said the power supply is very sensitive to input line voltage and anything over 120v will blow a fuse. I used my volt meter to check the back of the transformer and the no load voltage was 134volts. Frankly I am surprised that 15 odd volts will fry the receiver

I will appreciate any suggestions on where I can get this repaired in and around Delhi. Has anyone else experienced any issues similar to this one?

Thanks in advance

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back