Pioneer Todoroki vs Sony Muteki (need a system that's great for house/trance music)

oli

Todoroki (a Japanese word for thunder or roar)
HTP-RS32 |
collage3.png

Muteki (not sure what this means, a google tells me its invincible :) )
HT-M5 : Home Theatre Component System : Home Theatre System : Sony India
293616.jpeg

-Already have a onkyo 6200, a 7.1 which is great for movies but not that great for music with heavy bass.

There are two systems available in India that 'look' like they should be good for bassy music with sufficient clarity.

The sony's muteki is available on snapdeal for a disounted price of 42k, whereas pioneer's todoroki is available locally for 36k

Any recommendations?

I'd be using this for music mostly, but will also be hooking up the tatasky hd plus and the xbox + ps3

I heard the sony, wasn't really pleased with the bass quality. It did have bass, but it did not hit exactly like you would hear in the dance clubs. Maybe the guy who gave me a demo was a nut and probably did not have high quality tracks playing :)

Re: Pioneer Todoroki vs Sony Muteki (need a system that's great for house/trance musi

Get a good subwoofer for that price.

Re: Pioneer Todoroki vs Sony Muteki (need a system that's great for house/trance musi

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to high end home theaters. Just wanted to know if the bass output depends on the woofer or the receiver. I'm guessing its a bit of both. But the onkyo 6200 I have has a huge subwoofer, but its true power is only felt in multi channel movies, not for stereo music.

I'm actually trying to clone the experience of a good earphone in a music system . I have the klipsch image x10 and they sound phenomenal. Even the ones you get with the higher range of samsung phones (note, note 2 etc) hit some good base. Was wondering if I can get a similar experience from a music system. The ones that play in dance clubs have it. Unfortunately, I want to use the same for the xbox and ps3 too, so cant really think of going for a dedicated stereo system.

The system that you mentioned are junks. A good alternative will be to replace the Front speakers of Onkyo with good bookshelves.

I did hear the sony one on two occasions but the towers failed to impress. even the sub had bass that was too spread out and actually neither did hit you nor went deep. I donot know why they have such big speaker cabinets with numerous drivers. perhaps all show and no go?

yep, I was expecting something good with such a huge setup. Come to think of it, they have a 7.4 called ddw8500 or something.....wonder whats the use of having so many woofers when it can't deliver

I haven't heard the pioneer todoroki yet, since whichever reliance I go to, they have all of these systems but never have anyone for a demo

Is there any recommendation to build something from scratch then? Dont want to change the onkyo setup since I need one more system in the living room.
And secondly, any places in Pune where I can get a good audition and a good price of these....also willing to buy this online if there is a good offer

if you want good trance bass, you need smaller drivers for better dynamics and lots of power. Bookshelves and a 10" sub with plenty of power for slam should be what you are looking at

being a dimer (desidime :) ), i'd always look for great deals on good stuff :)

Just saw a 10 % code on sonodyme stuff on hifimart, they probably have a 10" subwoofer as recommended by a hifivisioner above.
Also, the march 2013 version of AVMax magazine is a bookshelf edition in which they've compreshensively reviewed and recommended a few bookshelves

Need to then look for a deal on receivers, don't think I'd be lucky enough to get something like a onkyo tx-nr616 for 24k :) since I don't know anyone who'd be willing to carry that weight from the US/Dubai to Pune.
I'd like to have all the gimmicky stuff like android connectivity though mhl, dual output to connect both the projector and the lcd, more inputs so more devices can be connected

My main goal would be bassy music though, the onkyo was disappointing (6200). I will probably consider the recommendation of replacing the front 2 speakers with better bookshelves.

Last edited:

any way in which I can get this receiver
Onkyo TX-NR515 7.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

its amazon uk, so power should not be an issue hopefully....ishopinternational does not ship from amazon uk

289 GBP corresponds to Rs.24268/- INR and add to that the shipping + custome duty and the total sum would be around 50K,minus warranty...I don't think it's worthy until and unless someone/yourself is carrying it personally here.

thanks, it was available a few days back for 31k @ ishopinternational (as part of their 50 percent off on shipping) Did not go for it since it was from the US and would require the hassle of getting a transformer

For those in Pune, I've found a great place on MG road for demos of high end audio equipment. Its called future living opposite the woodland store. They mostly have magnat's and focals

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back