Pioneer vs Denon

aksar

Hi All,
I have basic question regarding amplifier.
i am a newbie and setting up my HT system.
i have 2 choices Pioneer vsx1131 around 35k and denon X2300 35k

both the amplifier is on same price outside india, and i can bringit to india without any fuss.

which one should i choose?
my interest 80% movies and TV shows and 20% music,
speaker i will buy Polk Audion 440TX or Taga Harmony 606SE

so pls suggest which one i should buy , as going to be future proof i want to buy an amplifier which will suffice my purpose for atleast 3 years

any other advice , because i have shortlist only these 2 , i have option of YAMAHA and Onkyo also , but price is little bit high

pls advice

any other advice , because i have shortlist only these 2 , i have option of YAMAHA and Onkyo also , but price is little bit high

Denon X3300, if it isn't too much of an increase in your budget since it has top of the Digital room correction Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 and Sub EQ...

Last edited:
Denon X3300, if it isn't too much of an increase in your budget since it has top of the Digital room correction Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 and Sub EQ...
X3300 will be out of my budget , actually I thought if buying x1300 as I am getting around 25k but I increased my budget to get a 1 more advanced version.
I have heard like pioneer higher range amplifier are good .

So option are X2300 or vsx1131

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Denon have upper hand against Pioneer. What speakers you have planned to pair with AV?
Hi, I am going to use Polk Audio tsx440t or Taga Harmony 606SE

Isn't pioneer higher range of amplifiers are good ?

Yes, you're right, Higher Range of Pioneer is quite good but costly, not Vsx series (it's Lx >1.2L)
Be sure about the voltage requirements, you might need a Step-down transformer .

My vote is for Denon (even 1300w is good, read What's hifi review) , pairs well with Polk.

X3300 will be out of my budget , actually I thought if buying x1300 as I am getting around 25k but I increased my budget to get a 1 more advanced version.
I have heard like pioneer higher range amplifier are good .

So option are X2300 or vsx1131

x2300 has more Analogue inputs and video inputs than the 1300, has 2nd HDMI output and video upscaler..

If you don't need those features, u can opt for x1300.

1131 is comparable to x2300..

Between 1131 and Denon x300 series, kind of tough to make the choice.. Pioneer has google cast built on.. So sharing you mobile content on to screen becomes easy..

Pioneer LX series are good.. Every single review on the net say they are good, but they are also expensive than the models you have listed..

Thanks elangoas, I have opt out x1300 , now just confuse x2300 vs vsx1131, I am.more towards pioneer as it's a upper model as per my understanding.

Yes, you're right, Higher Range of Pioneer is quite good but costly, not Vsx series (it's Lx >1.2L)
Be sure about the voltage requirements, you might need a Step-down transformer .

My vote is for Denon (even 1300w is good, read What's hifi review) , pairs well with Polk.
Thanks drkrack, I have gone through review , both x2300 and vsx1131 has a very good review ,
BTW it's a HOngkong version so 220v so no need of stem down.
But no warranty in India.
So I need to see the cost of repairs also if problem arise in future .
Which brand service is easily available ?

Hi All,
I have basic question regarding amplifier.
i am a newbie and setting up my HT system.
i have 2 choices Pioneer vsx1131 around 35k and denon X2300 35k

both the amplifier is on same price outside india, and i can bringit to india without any fuss.

which one should i choose?
my interest 80% movies and TV shows and 20% music,
speaker i will buy Polk Audion 440TX or Taga Harmony 606SE

so pls suggest which one i should buy , as going to be future proof i want to buy an amplifier which will suffice my purpose for atleast 3 years

pls advice

why not play safe & buy in india itself? am sure if you do some leg work/calls, you will find competitive ratesrather than taking risk of buying from overseas and praying no damage in transit/duties/failures take place.
just my humble advise, but ultimate decision is yours.
my vote goes to pioneer against denon.

why not play safe & buy in india itself? am sure if you do some leg work/calls, you will find competitive ratesrather than taking risk of buying from overseas and praying no damage in transit/duties/failures take place.
just my humble advise, but ultimate decision is yours.
my vote goes to pioneer against denon.

Hi,

Pioneer 1131 in india price is 62k on HIFIMART, and i am getting in 35K.
Denon X2300 i dont find price in india, but outside i am also getting around 35K

so almost 25k difference,

can somebody pls tell me , how much is Denon X2300 in indian market?

seems lots of positive on Denon X2300 , and got 5 Star in HIFI

Thanks drkrack, I have gone through review , both x2300 and vsx1131 has a very good review ,
BTW it's a HOngkong version so 220v so no need of stem down.
But no warranty in India.
So I need to see the cost of repairs also if problem arise in future .
Which brand service is easily available ?

My friends denon 520bt with Manfacturer warranty had to be sent to Mumbai twice for repairs, but finding a reliable 3rd party repairs shouldn't be a problem for any brand in a Metro.

Check Denon 3300w which has definitely better MultiEQ than x2200w, I sincerely believe any AVR can be calibrated to one's own listening preferences, so you can't go horribly wrong with the Pioneer either.

Thanks bro, I am just confuse x2300 is what hifi 5star
And pioneer 1131 4 star,
I am not a audiophile, so just trying to convince myself which one to buy,
And I will buy whatever you guys say , as no exp. In HT

Dear friend, Denon AVR x2300 will cost you in India for 75k , better you have it there only. Regarding warranty, it's only for one year. Mostly these receivers works fine for four to five years, if properly use. Later on you will get paid service for any product here. As far comparison between Denon and Pioneer, Denon is definitely better than Pioneer VSX series. I own Denon AVR 2113 and after audition I chose it over Pioneer VSX 900 series.Pairng with speakers, Polk RTiA series is way better than Tsx series. Well that may help you.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Dear friend, Denon AVR x2300 will cost you in India for 75k , better you have it there only. Regarding warranty, it's only for one year. Mostly these receivers works fine for four to five years, if properly use. Later on you will get paid service for any product here. As far comparison between Denon and Pioneer, Denon is definitely better than Pioneer VSX series. I own Denon AVR 2113 and after audition I chose it over Pioneer VSX 900 series.Pairng with speakers, Polk RTiA series is way better than Tsx series. Well that may help you.

Thanks mate,
Now I somewhat clear , I am also going towards Demon only ,

I thought pioneer vsx1131 is good one and higher model than demon x2300

Any one of these do 4k upscalling ?

Actually upscaling does not work as per real 1080p or 4k, so it's almost useless to bet on such feature. The real power of AV receiver demonstrate with Audio CD or Blu-ray disc only. So better look for Sound quality, Power, connectivity, GUI , Networking and last After sell services.

Actually upscaling does not work as per real 1080p or 4k, so it's almost useless to bet on such feature. The real power of AV receiver demonstrate with Audio CD or Blu-ray disc only. So better look for Sound quality, Power, connectivity, GUI , Networking and last After sell services.

Thanks Mate.
So can i final Denon X2300? as i dont have much knowledge .

Actually upscaling does not work as per real 1080p or 4k, so it's almost useless to bet on such feature.

Oops.. AVR's do have better dedicated video chips to do up-scaling to either 1080p (or) 4K..

The real power of AV receiver demonstrate with Audio CD or Blu-ray disc only. So better look for Sound quality, Power, connectivity, GUI , Networking and last After sell services.

You are right.. In addition to the features that you listed, video scaling is also very good to have feature in AVR..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back