Pioneer vsx-531 vs Pioneer vsx-932

Immu

Hi Guys, you all have helped me with your suggetions to buy my first HT setup & I am very pleased with the Pioneer vsx-531 at this moment but this new vsx-932 it little tempting want to feel like upgrading to vsx-932 for its 7.2 channel, network connections & Dolby Atmos & DTS_X sound, but one thing is bothering me where i am not clear about the Wattage out put it says 130 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven) its the same spec and watt what i have for my Vsx-531, but the Amp power consumption is 480watt for vsx-932 & its only 210watt for vsx-531 it works fine on my ups when their is an power failur, my previous house's living room was very adequate for my vsx-531 since i've shifted now to a diff house the living room is little large(didn't measure) which makes me feel my vsx-531 is little under powered hence i've to change my speaker settings for my front speakers to large (previously it was set as small as per some advises from portal to increase the life span of the speaker as well as to make the sub to take total control of the bass) and i added +for sub in the AVR to get more bass and better sound to cover the area,

My other concern is vxs-932 has 7.2 channels and the surround back speakers can be used as surround back/Height speakers for Atmos, if we connect as height speakers and while playing Atmos file no problem but if we play DTS/dts-master audio file what'll happen? the surround back sound will start coming from the front height speakers?

need your opinion on this please, or is it better to stay with my vsx-531 for the power, but the one which is launched for Europe its says 165 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven) on their website not sure which is true, please suggest.
www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/

Currently using Taga TAV-506 v2 +Taga TSW-120 sub, Samsung Blu-ray Player.

I am very pleased with the Pioneer vsx-531 at this moment but this new vsx-932 it little tempting want to feel like upgrading to vsx-932 for its 7.2 channel, network connections & Dolby Atmos & DTS_X sound,

I think you should wait for some more time & get an AVR capable of 4 height locations..

My other concern is vxs-932 has 7.2 channels and the surround back speakers can be used as surround back/Height speakers for Atmos, if we connect as height speakers and while playing Atmos file no problem but if we play DTS/dts-master audio file what'll happen? the surround back sound will start coming from the front height speakers?

Surr back info will not be routed to heights.. But to surrounds.. Heights will receive atmos content..

I think you should wait for some more time & get an AVR capable of 4 height locations..

Surr back info will not be routed to heights.. But to surrounds.. Heights will receive atmos content..

Hi Elangoas, thanks for your advice, what you say is right, i should wait until there is an AVR That supports 4 heights for atmos, i was little tempted for this new AVR vsx-932, but one thing is bothering me is the wattage which is Just 130watt for 6 Ohms which is same as my vsx-531 coz i was planning if i upgrade my AVR will also upgrade to TAGA 606SE speakers.

Hi Guys, you all have helped me with your suggetions to buy my first HT setup & I am very pleased with the Pioneer vsx-531 at this moment but this new vsx-932 it little tempting want to feel like upgrading to vsx-932 for its 7.2 channel, network connections & Dolby Atmos & DTS_X sound, but one thing is bothering me where i am not clear about the Wattage out put it says 130 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven) its the same spec and watt what i have for my Vsx-531, but the Amp power consumption is 480watt for vsx-932 & its only 210watt for vsx-531 it works fine on my ups when their is an power failur, my previous house's living room was very adequate for my vsx-531 since i've shifted now to a diff house the living room is little large(didn't measure) which makes me feel my vsx-531 is little under powered hence i've to change my speaker settings for my front speakers to large (previously it was set as small as per some advises from portal to increase the life span of the speaker as well as to make the sub to take total control of the bass) and i added +for sub in the AVR to get more bass and better sound to cover the area,

need your opinion on this please, or is it better to stay with my vsx-531 for the power, but the one which is launched for Europe its says 165 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven) on their website not sure which is true, please suggest.
www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/

Currently using Taga TAV-506 v2 +Taga TSW-120 sub, Samsung Blu-ray Player.
I don't think you will feel a difference in power. It requires twice the power to get a 3db increase in sound output which is not much. The higher power consumption is because of more channels being driven.

You should be fine with your UPS. The receiver only consumes as much power as is required. It is not like a heater which consumes fixed power. If you have a power meter you will see that the receiver consumes less than 100w at normal listening volumes. So, I don't think you should be too worried about the UPS unless you are planning to hear at ear shattering volumes.

There is not much Atmos content, so I don't think it is worth it to upgrade your receiver for that feature.

If you input a 7.1 signal into your receiver which is setup as 5.1.2, you have two options for decoding. Either without height as 5.1. The rear channels will be output from your surrounds. The height speakers will be off. Second option is to use Dolby surround which is similar to pro logic. It will upconvert 7.1 into 5.1.2 with some signal processing. The rear channels are not directly feed into the height speakers.

So, if you are upgrading only for power, I don't think it is worth it. I don't think it is worth it for Atmos either as it stands today. You just have to get used to your larger room. If you want more bass, you can increase the volume on your sub or add another sub.

You can wait a few years and inadequate when there is enough content for Atmos

I don't think you will feel a difference in power. It requires twice the power to get a 3db increase in sound output which is not much. The higher power consumption is because of more channels being driven.

You should be fine with your UPS. The receiver only consumes as much power as is required. It is not like a heater which consumes fixed power. If you have a power meter you will see that the receiver consumes less than 100w at normal listening volumes. So, I don't think you should be too worried about the UPS unless you are planning to hear at ear shattering volumes.

There is not much Atmos content, so I don't think it is worth it to upgrade your receiver for that feature.

If you input a 7.1 signal into your receiver which is setup as 5.1.2, you have two options for decoding. Either without height as 5.1. The rear channels will be output from your surrounds. The height speakers will be off. Second option is to use Dolby surround which is similar to pro logic. It will upconvert 7.1 into 5.1.2 with some signal processing. The rear channels are not directly feed into the height speakers.

So, if you are upgrading only for power, I don't think it is worth it. I don't think it is worth it for Atmos either as it stands today. You just have to get used to your larger room. If you want more bass, you can increase the volume on your sub or add another sub.

You can wait a few years and inadequate when there is enough content for Atmos

Thanks for you input, will wait for some more time, As you have mentioned I have changed some settings to get better sound and also realised that i don't increase the volume more, Normally i use 50% of my receivers volume when watching Movies & 25% to 30% when i am listening to Music, i increase it to 60% to max 65% when my friends come in to watch the Demo for movies, now i feel it is actually adequate for the room size and for the speakers what i have!! Please do let me know if there is any good AVR in the Future.

Thanks for you input, will wait for some more time, As you have mentioned I have changed some settings to get better sound and also realised that i don't increase the volume more, Normally i use 50% of my receivers volume when watching Movies & 25% to 30% when i am listening to Music, i increase it to 60% to max 65% when my friends come in to watch the Demo for movies, now i feel it is actually adequate for the room size and for the speakers what i have!! Please do let me know if there is any good AVR in the Future.

On recommendation I went for Atmos receiver and it never disappointed me. From 5.1 to 5.1.2, it is a noticeable upgrade, put a smile on my face everytime. And there are lot of Atmos content available even now. Even upscaling works great. I would suggest, wait a little if required and go for a future proof AVR. I got Denon X1400H recently.

On recommendation I went for Atmos receiver and it never disappointed me. From 5.1 to 5.1.2, it is a noticeable upgrade, put a smile on my face everytime. And there are lot of Atmos content available even now. Even upscaling works great. I would suggest, wait a little if required and go for a future proof AVR. I got Denon X1400H recently.
I would not upgrade a receiver just for atmos right now. Although if I needed to buy one today I would make sure that it had Atmos.

Hi, how do you play your Atmos content?

Sorry which was your previous 5.1 Receiver Model?

"The reason i am worried is My PC's SMPS is 450 watt when i have my TV & PC on at the same time my UPS Struggles a bit, wherein the 480 watt would be too much."

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back