Planning to build my own Class AB integrated Amplifier

senthil.obly

Hi Friends,

I'm New into Audiophile world and planning to build best budget class AB Amplifier. Please suggest me with the following
1. Best proved diy design with scematics and resources.
2. Where to buy the parts
3. Give me some tips and resources to read before start building

Senthil,
If you are comfortable with soldering and SS components don't scare you, DIY is the way to go (I am pretty bad at soldering and decided not venture to that territory anymore). There are many DIYers here who have built amps successfully. You would also get to see semi-finished projects coming up as FMs could not devote time to complete the project or solve problems.

The DIY champs @Aniket & @shaan have designed amplifiers which are well regarded by FMs here on the forum. Shaan has a well documented thread on DIYAudio portal. Why don't connect with them to get to know about the drill in first person?

Having used both Shaan's v4 and Aniket's DD amp, I can say they are both awesome amps. Reach out to them and pick the one that you feel comfortable with.

MaSh

You can build Discrete Dynamics amp/ preamp combo. They are presoldered boards with onboard power supply and heatsink premounted. here is a thread

Regards
Sachin

Before building put these things in mind.
1. A speaker chooses an amplifier
2. Every design has its own prejudice and experience.
3. If this your first time try with easy design and then go on. This will lessen the chances of failour and courage.
4. My suggestion is to start with LM3886. This design will not regret you in long term.
5. Are you are interested in pcb or vero board soldering or just assemble an build one?

Any difficulty you can PM me.

A good link attachedGood link and description

If you're interested in a cooler Amplifier, go for TPA3255 Evaluation board from Texas Instruments. All you need with it is a Meanwell LRS-48 SMPS unit. No soldering necessary.

http://www.ti.com/tool/TPA3255EVM has all the details. Just put both in a box and you're done.

There are other forum members (KN Das) too, who are making a modified Jean Hiraga amp, which uses Mosfets..

So you have many options.

KN Das is active on the Audiomania What's app group, so you can find him there.

Another option is the Alpha Nirvana amplifier, which has a much more stable bias as compared to the JH.

Start with a simple class D if you are new to diy. You will get assembled boards based on tpa3116. Just add a laptop power supply you are good to go .For the money you spend it won't disappoint you.

Screenshot_20200323-130856_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can follow up this link to see the details of this fantastic amplifier....

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back