Planning to Buy Good Home Theater

I see that the yht1810 has the same speakers of 2910....... Now the difference is that yht1810 is not a powered subwoofer and 2910 has powered subwwoofer even the yht1810 comes with an avr which has a subwoofer preout. That means you will be able to upgrade your subwoofer later. This is not present in onkyo. Also would like to knkw if you could extend your budget?? I began searching for home theaters two years back with a budget of 25k. But could purchase one just two months back after going through this forum and getting good and valuable information. I ended up with a ht of 73k. To start of i can personally recommend boston acoustics soundware xs 5.1 with denon avr-x500. This should cost around 43 to 45k.(Discounted). I know you are not so experienced with all these terms. Will take a while. Be sure to go through old posts. Many covering the basics related to home theatre. I'd suggest if budget is an issue and you won't be upgrading then go in for onkyo as it makes the best vfm package for the price. You can try and check other stores for yht299 as its old you will get good discounts as well.

rayvonnee thank you for reply, i did see Denon AVR X500 HT online deal for 31780 rupees
is that a good deal? or want me to stick to Onkyo HT S3700? please let me know as i will purchase something in a week within a budget of 30k .......

Not yet Purchased any Home Theater:sad:, Searching for YHT 299 demo but couldnt find as most of them says its discontinued:sad:. My Budget is around 30k because i i feel 30k is more than enough to spend on home theater as i stay in rented flat. Also checked JBL HT Demo( Saw Demo in Big Room) which costs 47k but couldnt able to figure out the clarity where as Onkyo HTS 3700 ( Saw demo in closed Room) sounded good. Please give ur suggestions.

If you cannot extend budget i feel the onkyo ht-s3700 is a perfect choice. Go ahead audition and buy. But audition definately as this is very important to hear and like what you hear.

as i heard that Onkyo HT S3700 have a passive subwoofer which we cannot upgrade in future then what about speakers can we upgrade the speakers ? as per demo sound is good. Also pls let me know about buying some good amplifier now and purchasing the speakers later (New or Used) if so pls let me know which one is good and the budget.......

The most basic amplifier you can get is the pioneer vsx-323 or 523 which i dont really recommend. The denon x500 is good for a start and you can get sonodyne bookshelf speakers or polk audio bookshelves or pioneer andrew jones speakers or boston acoustics a26 which was recently available on hifimart @ 13-14k. You need to take an audition and decide. If you can step by step upgrade that would be great as it would result in a very good setup. Start auditioning the mentioned speakers....the few i could name.

Ravyonnee thank you for reply, does Denon X 500 have USB input? i saw online deal of complete set up (Amp + Speakers)of it for 31500. Also pls answer me about upgrading the speakers for Onkyo HT S3700 can we?

Speaker can be upgraded but subwoofer cannot be. Stay away from ht-s3700 if you want to upgrade your system at a later point of time. The denon x500 does nor support usb. Its a basic avr. I got my denon x500 only avr for 22k. You must definately check out the deal of x500+ speakers for 31500/-

I dont think so i will upgrade the system in near future( atleast for 3-4 years from now) and i feel the sound of onkyo is more than enough for my living hall, i may have to think about upgrading only after i own a house :) no specific period I saw Denon Deal for 31900 with speakers. Also pls give me ur contact to approach u fr any questions as im planning to purchase next week..... Onkyo HT S3700 was quoted 30k final price. Appreciate ur prompt responses all over my que :clapping:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back