Planning to Buy Good Home Theater

kumar4ume

Hi All,

I have been new to this, Iam planning to purchase a home theater for my LG 42 LED 3D TV, my budget is 30k so can you please suggest some good home theater for me which have good bass and surround sound effects. I will use it for watching movies and listening music. I have seen the demo of Onkyo HT S3700 once and felt good, please let me know if there are any other better home theaters in my budget........

Friends,

Are there any good wireless home theater systems?I auditioned Violet wireless home theater system but I was not impressed by the output.I request you to please suggest some systems.

Thanking you,

pksnathan

Friends,

Are there any good wireless home theater systems?I auditioned Violet wireless home theater system but I was not impressed by the output.I request you to please suggest some systems.

Thanking you,

pksnathan

Polk Audio's Omni Wireless Music System has been launched recently in US using DTS Playfi.No idea about its availability in India
U need to check out this with authorised dealers in India.Also about its compatibility and functionality .

Hi All,

I have been new to this, Iam planning to purchase a home theater for my LG 42 LED 3D TV, my budget is 30k so can you please suggest some good home theater for me which have good bass and surround sound effects. I will use it for watching movies and listening music. I have seen the demo of Onkyo HT S3700 once and felt good, please let me know if there are any other better home theaters in my budget........
Hi Kumar,

For 30K you can get Yamaha's HTiB YHT-299. It is a pretty good system with outstanding performance. I recently got one for 34K but it seems now it is available for 30K as well. The base is slightly on the lower side (slightly) but the set is great for watching movies and even better for music. You'll have to invest around a grand more for cables and a lil extra for a BD Player if you want one. I have an LG BP440 with my YHT and honestly there isn't a serious need for a player unless you watch Blue Ray disks or listen to FLACs (I do).
I don't have much idea about a system with higher bass but this suffices my needs and I am a biiiiiiiiiiiiig aficionado when it comes to watching movies or binge watching TV Series. :yahoo:

Look around for YHT299 and take some fav tracks to listen to it. Play and decide. After all in the end its your proclivity to music that matter :)

Hi Kumar,

For 30K you can get Yamaha's HTiB YHT-299. It is a pretty good system with outstanding performance. I recently got one for 34K but it seems now it is available for 30K as well. The base is slightly on the lower side (slightly) but the set is great for watching movies and even better for music. You'll have to invest around a grand more for cables and a lil extra for a BD Player if you want one. I have an LG BP440 with my YHT and honestly there isn't a serious need for a player unless you watch Blue Ray disks or listen to FLACs (I do).
I don't have much idea about a system with higher bass but this suffices my needs and I am a biiiiiiiiiiiiig aficionado when it comes to watching movies or binge watching TV Series. :yahoo:

Look around for YHT299 and take some fav tracks to listen to it. Play and decide. After all in the end its your proclivity to music that matter :)

YHT-299 for 30K???
Where??

First Thank you all for the responses , I just want to check does YHT 299 have the same features that Onkyo HT S3700 have like i noticed there is a Bluetooth option in Onkyo HTS 3700..... also after bargain with Onkyo Dealer he was giving at a price of 28k and i have seen some online deals for Yamaha which was around 37k. Please give me inputs on this.

First Thank you for the response , I just want to check does YHT 299 have the same features that Onkyo HT S3700 have like i noticed there is a Bluetooth option in Onkyo HTS 3700..... also after bargain with Onkyo Dealer he was giving at a price of 28k and i have seen some online deals for Yamaha which was around 37k. Please give me inputs on this.

I don't have uch idea about the Onkyo but YHT doesn't have bluetooth.
Looked up Onkyo HTS3700, here is my opinion:
Onkyo is 660W while YHT has 600W (O-1, YHT-0)
Onkyo has a passive sub whoofer, YHT active (O-1, YHT-1)
Onkyo has bluetooth, YHT doesn't (O-2, YHT-1)
Onkyo has 2yr warranty, YHT one (unless there is seller warranty as well) (O-3, YHT-1)

Plus 28K makes Onkyo attractive. While YHT is shown online at 37k it is available at retailers for as low as 30k. I got one for 34K (seems higher now).
I would suggest take a tour. Pick some of your fav tracks and listen to them both. While on paper Onkyo seems better, specs are hardly the only defining feature. Audition them and decide.

Happy hunting :)

PS: In specs even popular brands claim 1000W output compared to YHT's 600W. However, I find YHT sound crisper and clearer.

The Onkyo is feature rich and 28k for this is extremely good. But Think that if you need in the future to upgrade the subwoofer you wont be able to do that. Whereas the yht299 gives you the option of doing so. The extra features on onkyo will be a very nice thing to have. But for future upgrade i doubt it will be any good. The YHT299 is an extremely good package. Considering that you can now get it for around 30k its excellent. You can always add a media player or htpc or bluray player to go along with it to get the features you look for in onkyo. If onkyo had powered subwoofer then it would be better vfm. If you are just looking for upgrade from sony,samsung,lg,philips htib's then onkyo makes sense. But long term i would really recommend the yamaha yht299.

Thank you ValarMorghulis & rayvonnee for your valuable inputs i have checked the demo of Onkyo HT S3700 watched some movie the out put was xlent as of my knowledge but not sure about the audio tracks. Need to see the Demo of YHT 299. But as you said features & Price Onkyo seems good deal. Not Sure which one to choose. Also someone said that if we want to get good surround effects in a movie or audio tracks the format should be .AC3 not MP3 is that right?

For surround you need dts or dolby(ac3). The newer formats being dts-hd master audio and dolby true hd. These are the surround formats which your avr should decode

Hey all Just went to check the demo for Yamaha, asked them to show YHT 299 they said it was stopped and not available and the upgradation of it is YHT 2910 which was 47k , and there is one more model YHT 1810 which was shown for demo costs 33k to be frank the out put was not up to the mark, i told the same to the guy who showed the demo, he too agreed the same and says we need to spend more money to get good quality and there is no USB & Bluetooth option for YHT 1810. He Played hindi movie i felt the bass and surround is not up to the mark..... as per my view.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back