Planning to get my first home theater

J Akshay

Hello everyone. I am planning to get my first home theatre set up.

The room I will be using for HT is 10ft x 10ft so I am planning to go for a 5.1 set up.
My budget is 90k to a maximum of 1 lakh for 5 speakers, a sub and a reciever.
Since it is a small room and I am interested in a dedicated sub, I am assuming there is no need for tower speakers.

I would like to get suggestions for the best speakers and Reciever for this budget. I am not bothered about the brand name.
I live in Hyderabad so I would like to know places where I can audition or buy speakers from.

In my research, I have found that pioneer Andrew Jones bookshelf speakers with center channel have good reviews but I am not sure where to get them or audition them.

Hai welcome to forum
There are many threads below for budget home theatres do check that out
For your budget you can try onkyo or yamaha (Htib) home theatre in the box system from above brands.
Or else start build ur system with 2.1 and slowly built ur systems when u have budget..dont rush as it ll not be future proof ..hope it helps ✌

With this budget, I would probably go with Denon x1600H AVR along with Polk TL1600 or Elac Cinema 5, 5.1 Speaker System Package. I am assuming your listening preference is 70% movies, 30% music. Use this set-up for a year or two and you will learn a lot of the nitty-gritty of home theater.

With this budget, I would probably go with Denon x1600H AVR along with Polk TL1600 or Elac Cinema 5, 5.1 Speaker System Package. I am assuming your listening preference is 70% movies, 30% music. Use this set-up for a year or two and you will learn a lot of the nitty-gritty of home theater.
Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, it is meant for movies. Hope I will decide on a set up soon. :)

Hai welcome to forum
There are many threads below for budget home theatres do check that out
For your budget you can try onkyo or yamaha (Htib) home theatre in the box system from above brands.
Or else start build ur system with 2.1 and slowly built ur systems when u have budget..dont rush as it ll not be future proof ..hope it helps ✌
Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I will check the Htib options. :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back