plasma TV help

VKN

Hello every1

I am thinking of getting a new plasma TV looking @ 50inch.
I viewed the Panny VIERA TH-P50V10D found it good .. are there any other options on the plasma ?

+ 2009 Panasonic plasmas had that problem of blacks getting degraded (for lack of a better word). Get a 2010 model (panasonic or other) if you can.

If budget is not a constraint go for 50V20.
If you need 3D and can wait, you can try upcoming 50VT20 from Panasonic (which is also supposedly offers better blacks). It will set you back for around 1.5L.

50PK550 offers good VFM. You can get one for around 61K. (Almost half the price of a V20 ;) )
Next you have 50C550 which sells for around 70K.

PS : check the price list. The above price are once I recently come across and may not be accurate.

Note that these are all FullHD sets and that is what I would recommend, as the DTH is already moving in that direction. But be informed that you may get a 50" TV for less which are not FullHD (HD ready TVs as they name it). Pana, LG and Samsung all have HD-Ready 50 inchers.

Hello

Am not keen on a 3d since we are still in the initial phase of HD.
All i need a good Full HD plasma. am ok wit 1.2L
is the V20 in that price league ?

Hello

Am not keen on a 3d since we are still in the initial phase of HD.

The best price quoted for V20 is 1.25L.
Contact sanjay on whereabouts.
This is the best TV you can get today at the price range.

Last edited:
Pls note that 50V20D Indian model doesn't have THX Certification and also the infinite black PRO panel - pls check.

Me too in a confusion over buying 50V20D, since the UK version 50V20B has got excellent review.

I think Panasonic is not giving best models in India -

If anyone of you have more details on 50V20D pls share.

If I am not wrong, THX and the infinite black PRO panel will be only available with the 3D model aka VT20.

Pls note that 50V20D Indian model doesn't have THX Certification and also the infinite black PRO panel - pls check.

Me too in a confusion over buying 50V20D, since the UK version 50V20B has got excellent review.

I think Panasonic is not giving best models in India -

If anyone of you have more details on 50V20D pls share.

Can someone pls highlight the difference between the infinite black and pro panel...pics pls if possible.

Not providing THX is really shameful for panasonic....how much more idiotic can the guys at pannys indian ops get ...

The best price quoted for V20 is 1.25L.
Contact sanjay on whereabouts.
The prices for the Pansonic TH-P50V20D are:
MRP: Rs. 124,900/-
Dealer Price: Rs. 118,000/-
Retail (best quote): Rs. 112,000/-
This is the best TV you can get today at the price range.
Personally I think, this is probably the best TV at any price range available in India today.

any potential buyers from Chennai in this forum so that we can negotiate a good deal with the panny store for the V 20

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back