Plasma TV Vs HD Projector discussion thread

rite2sandeep

Hi guys,

Have joined this forum a week back when I started my research for a HD TV.

After reading a lot of reviews on internet, came to a conclusion that LCD/LED is not for me, I am no gamer, but like to watch a lot of HD content (1080p BR Rips mostly :) and NGC HD documentaries etc, not much into TV and soaps to be specific :eek:hyeah:).

Was thinking of Panasonic 50ST60 till yesterday, but looks like it will take much more time to come to India, and now considering other issues like IR, service etc which I have learnt from this forum only, I am still thinking what to do.

In the meantime I cam across this blog post, http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57344073-221/projectors-vs-tvs-giant-screen-pros-and-cons/ which talks about why one should go for a projector rather than TV.

Anyone of you have experience with HD projectors in India ?
I wanna know LED vs DLP, better lamp life, can we expect a long life for projectors ?

My current setup, pretty bad though when compared to almost everyone here :sad:

Sony DVD HT 5.1
Sony CRT 21" Trinitron (yes CRT, and it is very good for SD and soaps)
Cubetek HD media player (with HDMI / RCA output)
And yes I am watching 1080p BR Rips (have a 16 GB Avatar Rip) on this CRT using the media player / RCA connections, my TV does not have any audio out ports, so both audio/video is only from this TV.

Planning to move to my new house in a couple of months.
So exploring different options.

I plan to have this CRT in the living room for all SD and soap viewing, and a plasma or a HD projector in the bedroom, considering I have a 10 ft x 17 ft room, my viewing distance will be about 10 feet, and have a budget of 1 lakh.

I can control the light in this room, but good PQ is needed, not sure if projectors of 1 lakh can match PQ of a 1 lakh plasma, anyone from Bangalore who has a HD projector setup ?

Suggestions please, Plasma or a HD Projector, why and why not.

Thanks in advance.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back