plastic grill on denon avr??

insane79

hi guys,
just got the denon avr 1908, very sweet receiver, wat is the plastic like cover on top of the receiver, its like an extra plastic grill on top of the main grill, wat is that?? pic-
bigdenon_020.jpg

wat is it for?? anyone got it on their denons??

To me it looks like some kind of a mat/spacer thingy - will keep the ventilation going in case you choose to keep anything else on top.

hi guys,
just got the denon avr 1908, very sweet receiver, wat is the plastic like cover on top of the receiver, its like an extra plastic grill on top of the main grill, wat is that?? pic-
wat is it for?? anyone got it on their denons??

If you can take it off then go for it. Otherwise, leave it on. If it is movable my suspicion is that it may cover the vents by chance.

Also don't place anything on the AVR directly as this may cause heat issues. they need good bit of breathing room.

The same plastic grill exists over my 2809 too. It is not movable and poses no extra hazard. So no need to remove it.

I think this covers the hot areas only, and is there to prevent direct skin contact on hot metal areas.

Thanks,
Sharad

Plastic grill may be for 2 opt-

1.Reduce cost of metal.
2.Easy for basic servicing-ie insted of removing whole cover ,one can check within simply by taking of plastic grill.

By the way Denon looks very nice in picture.

ooh k, i thought it can be removed, well nothing to can paranoid abt then i guess, thanks for the help guys..

Plastic grill may be for 2 opt-

1.Reduce cost of metal.
2.Easy for basic servicing-ie insted of removing whole cover ,one can check within simply by taking of plastic grill.

Not necessarily true.

I went over to a friend of mine this evening and checked his AVR and noticed that it was there on top. He mentioned that when he spoke to Denon, they mentioned that it was to prevent burns due to heat sinks underneath. A EU safety standard recommendation.

We went a bit adventurous and removed the metal casing and found the heat sinks right underneath. Then we simply unplugged the grill (its held by 6 pins thats it) and it fell out easily). Put back the casing the his black denon looks much nicer than before.

Not necessarily true.

I went over to a friend of mine this evening and checked his AVR and noticed that it was there on top. He mentioned that when he spoke to Denon, they mentioned that it was to prevent burns due to heat sinks underneath. A EU safety standard recommendation.

We went a bit adventurous and removed the metal casing and found the heat sinks right underneath. Then we simply unplugged the grill (its held by 6 pins thats it) and it fell out easily). Put back the casing the his black denon looks much nicer than before.
sucks u got to open the main case to remove it:mad: it will void warranty then:(

1.Reduce cost of metal.

spirovious, you did not get it right from the picture. This is not a plastic replacement of a metal grill. This is a plastic 'add on' on top of the metal.

...he spoke to Denon, they mentioned that it was to prevent burns due to heat sinks underneath. A EU safety standard recommendation.

Sounds reasonable.

Thanks,
Sharad

Then we simply unplugged the grill (its held by 6 pins thats it) and it fell out easily). Put back the casing the his black denon looks much nicer than before.

So what look like spacers on top are slide pins that hold the plastic grill to the metal grill? Am I right.

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back