Play .ape files in foobar2000

Can't remember when I last tried this but I faintly remember it played the unsplit .ape files.You have to make sure the cue file is proper and it exactly points to the song file. There should not be any spelling mistake but I have done this probably 3 year ago. There shouldn't be any problem.

Thanks.

On the same lines i tried to play a .m3u file downloaded from the vTuner.com site for internet radio streaming. It plays perfectly fine in windows media player but not in foobar. Any way I can make this streaming from foobar as vTuner has some good Indian FM stations and unfortunately they do not play directly over their website but gives a .m3u file.

Thanks

I played some other .cue file (for .ape compressed file) and it works fine with this .cue. So I'm guessing the earlier .cue is bad.

At times, the .cue file might refer to the correct audio file, but with the wrong extension, like .wav (or .flac) when the actual audio file is .ape. This could be why the .cue file does not play.

To find out if this is the reason, and to fix this, you can open the .cue file in Notepad. Then you will just need to edit the .cue file with the correct extension and save it.

Do take a backup copy of the .cue file before you mess with it, just in case :)

To find out if this is the reason, and to fix this, you can open the .cue file in Notepad. Then you will just need to edit the .cue file with the correct extension and save it.

Do take a backup copy of the .cue file before you mess with it, just in case :)

That's clever!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back