Play Music through USB

sgmane

Looking for an option to play MP3's and some CD's.

Current setup: Norge 2060, Wharfedale 9.2, Pioneer SACD player.

Option:
Was trying to get this DNM Enterprise Product
and found this is no more available.

I do not want to go in for another amp/cd player which has the above USB/ card reader option.(dnm has options!) Is there any other alternate that can be clubbed in?

An item that i can plug into the existing setup.

Why looking for usb/card reader:
To be used by parents (not tech savvy) person. (So even PC or laptop ruled out) Just to listen to songs (spiritual, some tamil/hindi/ malayalam songs) and not looking for audiophile grade. So primarily will be using MP3 and some CD grade!. (All those spiritual CD's and MP3's available in less than 150Rs to be put into USB pen drive or SD/MMC card. Ok, i understand song selection cannot happen without the display. But that's ok. (Or even song selection without display by using a remote - would that be possible? I don't think so, because i will using only the existing setup!)

For other times (non spiritual hours!!): Will be using the pioneer player to play the CD's.

Your inputs, please! Thanks for your time.

Does the CDP play MP3s? If so just rip everything into MP3s and burn on a CD (and make a backup). They can use that CD with the existing setup.

Or if you have an old hifi at home just plugin in a DVDP which plays MP3 and do the same. I did one for my parents using an old AIWA hifi and a Sony DVDP.

The cheapest of DVPs these days come with USB play option. Nearly every Philips DVD player I have recently seen on the shelf in the super-markets, they all have USB capability. They could be as cheap as INR 2000 I suppose.

They will allow for song selection through a display. If you don't have a display attached, will play them sequentially. If they have a random play capability you can also dump everything in the root folder (without a folder hierarchy) and set it to play randomly. That will be more fun than sequential play.

musicbee: Thanks. Yes the cdp plays MP3's too. But i do not want to extract more from the CDP for playing MP3's. I would prefer to use MP3's using the usb for keeping the CDP for playing CD's, SACD discs for a longer time. (The old sony HIFI went kaput!!! :( )
ranjeetrain: Thanks. Yes, i do see cheap DVP's coming in the price range. Probably some F&D player (which i enquired 8-9 months back came in with usb and retailed around 2000 mark!). Will check that. I do not have a display, so will be using only the DVP display.
hemantwaghe: Thanks for link. Will check on this.

A budget media player like asus is another option to play,but not sure about stereo sound Q.

Back