Play projectors on online shopping sites

Greetings,

was looking for HT projectors online and came across Play brand FHD and 4K projectors on amazon and flipkart.

does anyone have any idea how are these as I am not able to find any reviews anywhere.. and they also not cheap.

Thanks

Greetings,

was looking for HT projectors online and came across Play brand FHD and 4K projectors on amazon and flipkart.

These are LCD - LED projectors, a LCD screen powered by a single white LED bulb..

does anyone have any idea how are these as I am not able to find any reviews anywhere.. and they also not cheap.

I didn't have Play Projector.. But have owned similar model from E-gate, India.. E-gate P531..(Android)

Here is the user experience thread for the same - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/budget-setup-27k-inr-pj-egate-p531-1280x800.66848/

One more - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/egate-p513-my-first-budget-projector.68558/

Most of these projectors have 1280 x 800 resolution (16:10 AR) and brightness is half if compared to main stream projectors..

What is your budget (or) which models are you looking at?..

I had a optoma HD131x, liked it very much while i was using it. Sold it later as it was lying unused.

Now my plasma has died so again in search of a projector as my main use is for movies.

can you suggest any full hd projector with LED light source in 70k.

I had a optoma HD131x, liked it very much while i was using it. Sold it later as it was lying unused.

Now my plasma has died so again in search of a projector as my main use is for movies.

can you suggest any full hd projector with LED light source in 70k.

Check out the new xgimi z6. It looks very promising and it's so tiny that customs 'may not' pay too much attention to it.

Lol, unless you need audio from the projector the z6 seems perfect. It's super slim, supports HDR10 and has a faster processor so if I was buying something now I'll go with the z6

Ok.. Isn't HDR10 associated with 4K? How does FHD benefit from HDR10?.. Am i missing something?..

Brightness seem to be less than Xgimi H1, also faster processor would matter only if video playback is thru projector USB port..

LOL...
I second @elangoas . xgmi h1 is one of the best option to consider

@ItsMe How has been your Xgimi H1 set-up coming up?..

He was one of the first users of Xgimi H1 and was surprised he didn't mention that..

Ok.. Isn't HDR10 associated with 4K? How does FHD benefit from HDR10?.. Am i missing something?..

Brightness seem to be less than Xgimi H1, also faster processor would matter only if video playback is thru projector USB port..

@ItsMe How has been your Xgimi H1 set-up coming up?..

He was one of the first users of Xgimi H1 and was surprised he didn't mention that..

Brightness seems irrelevant now that I've seen the retro reflective screen . Yes HDR 10 is a 4k thing but like the h1, the Z6 also can accept 4k signals it will downscale then ofc but the HDR will still work. You must keep in mind tho there are no real "HDR" capable projectors or even TVs except a few. They all have to convert HDR signals to fit the brightness range of the display device with never is even close to the 1000nits as the original standard needed it to be. You can achieve using madvr but the H1 is a 8 bit device the z6 can accept 10 bit so it should in theory be better. So I guess this is where the more powerful GPU comes into picture t have to do the conversion using something like pixel shader math. This just my opinion though.

Brightness seems irrelevant now that I've seen the retro reflective screen .

True, in your case.. But the OP wasn't considering this ALR screen..

Yes HDR 10 is a 4k thing but like the h1, the Z6 also can accept 4k signals it will downscale then ofc but the HDR will still work.

Why feed a FHD only projector with 4K video, then to down-convert to FHD and experience it with HDR?.. The only benefit is going to be Z6 HDR Vs Xgimi H1..

You must keep in mind tho there are no real "HDR" capable projectors or even TVs except a few. They all have to convert HDR signals to fit the brightness range of the display device with never is even close to the 1000nits as the original standard needed it to be. You can achieve using madvr but the H1 is a 8 bit device the z6 can accept 10 bit so it should in theory be better. So I guess this is where the more powerful GPU comes into picture t have to do the conversion using something like pixel shader math. This just my opinion though.

If the user was to feed the Z6 with FHD video, then he may benefit from HDR conversion.. But how much perceivable difference would that be?..

If the user wouldn't use a ALR screen / black widow paint, then the Xgimi H1 is a better choice right with more brightness?..

True, in your case.. But the OP wasn't considering this ALR screen..

Why feed a FHD only projector with 4K video, then to down-convert to FHD and experience it with HDR?.. The only benefit is going to be Z6 HDR Vs Xgimi H1..

If the user was to feed the Z6 with FHD video, then he may benefit from HDR conversion.. But how much perceivable difference would that be?..

If the user wouldn't use a ALR screen / black widow paint, then the Xgimi H1 is a better choice right with more brightness?..

But knowing what I know now and considering the cost and for the OP's intended use as a TV replacement, ALR screen has to be bought right? I can't see how the H1 is better than the Z6 other than the brightness. But you can potentially expect all the minor bugs in the H1 to be fixed like the scaling issue and so on. And is 300 dollars cheaper on Amazon.com. but ya like I said the Z6 I'd what I would buy today simply to find out what they have done with the HDR handling and all as it is a progression towards the future. Just like the H1 was when I bought it over the many traditional projector's available for the same price at that time. But all this is just my opinion on this topic. And to be clear I'm not "not tecommending" the H1 considering I've been using it for over a year, just suggesting the Z6 polar instead.

Lol, unless you need audio from the projector the z6 seems perfect. It's super slim, supports HDR10 and has a faster processor so if I was buying something now I'll go with the z6

This point is valid, I wont be using the H1's speakers as I have a separate HT setup. 4K is also not a deal breaker for me.
Please tell how much will the PQ differ between z6 and H1, there is very less ambient light in the room.

This point is valid, I wont be using the H1's speakers as I have a separate HT setup. 4K is also not a deal breaker for me.
Please tell how much will the PQ differ between z6 and H1, there is very less ambient light in the room.

I can't answer that without actually seeing them both side by side, but I see no reason why it would be worse. One of the crucial problems I have with the H1 is the green channel it was just not bright enough which is why I could never get the colour adjusted properly (you can't make the flashing blocks completely stop in AVS test pattern) xgimi says they now that some RGGB tech what will sort out the colours so the company is heading in the right direction at least they seem to know what was critically wrong with the H1 so I simply suggest that the Z6 will be the better option.

But knowing what I know now and considering the cost and for the OP's intended use as a TV replacement, ALR screen has to be bought right?

Right.. But the OP seem to say he has less ambient light in the room.. So less light (or) near dark room, a whit scrren (fabric) should offer viewing angles better than ALR..

I can't see how the H1 is better than the Z6 other than the brightness.

More chances of going for a bigger screen with that extra brightness..

but ya like I said the Z6 I'd what I would buy today simply to find out what they have done with the HDR handling and all as it is a progression towards the future.

So it is the HDR processing over brightness.. What if the user can go for say a larger screen? Wouldn't the extra brightness of H1 help in that case..

And to be clear I'm not "not tecommending" the H1 considering I've been using it for over a year, just suggesting the Z6 polar instead.

Theoretically, there is a benefit of HDR processing of Z6 over H1, and is not known at this time.. I mean a side by side comparison..

I can't answer that without actually seeing them both side by side, but I see no reason why it would be worse. One of the crucial problems I have with the H1 is the green channel it was just not bright enough which is why I could never get the colour adjusted properly (you can't make the flashing blocks completely stop in AVS test pattern) xgimi says they now that some RGGB tech what will sort out the colours so the company is heading in the right direction at least they seem to know what was critically wrong with the H1 so I simply suggest that the Z6 will be the better option.

RGGB - Does this mean, they use 4 LED bulb?..

Right.. But the OP seem to say he has less ambient light in the room.. So less light (or) near dark room, a whit scrren (fabric) should offer viewing angles better than ALR..

Unless he has dark walls the projected light itself will create ambient light in the room and any room other than one with dark walls and ceiling will benefit greatly from ALR

More chances of going for a bigger screen with that extra brightness..

So it is the HDR processing over brightness.. What if the user can go for say a larger screen? Wouldn't the extra brightness of H1 help in that case..

Theoretically, there is a benefit of HDR processing of Z6 over H1, and is not known at this time.. I mean a side by side comparison..

Yes a bigger screen should be possible but that depends on personal needs of the OP but it is 300 USD lower

RGGB - Does this mean, they use 4 LED bulb?..

Good question, and no i don't have an answer. I know the H1 used 3 discreet LEDs (one for each colour) and merges them using a prism. Use of dichroic mirror are out of the question as there wont be enough room in the package. It could be a single RGGB light source (one led package with multiple leds)

Unless he has dark walls the projected light itself will create ambient light in the room and any room other than one with dark walls and ceiling will benefit greatly from ALR

Ok.. I use my H1 with a AT screen, not even partial black walls (living room).. As you said the projected light, brightness the rooms in near dark conditions.. But the viewing angles are very good.. I have my PC connected to the projector and can read the text clearly on some good angles off to either sides of the screen ..

So there is a trade off between screen gain (ALR) vs viewing angles (AT screen)..

Yes a bigger screen should be possible but that depends on personal needs of the OP but it is 300 USD lower

Yes i too agree on the lesser cost and more benefit.. But if the OP wants a bigger screen, then the extra brightness of H1 could help him..

Good question, and no i don't have an answer. I know the H1 used 3 discreet LEDs (one for each colour) and merges them using a prism. Use of dichroic mirror are out of the question as there wont be enough room in the package. It could be a single RGGB light source (one led package with multiple leds)

Np.. Thanks.. I just asked if you would be aware as you are keen on technical aspects..

Ok.. I use my H1 with a AT screen, not even partial black walls (living room).. As you said the projected light, brightness the rooms in near dark conditions.. But the viewing angles are very good.. I have my PC connected to the projector and can read the text clearly on some good angles off to either sides of the screen ..

So there is a trade off between screen gain (ALR) vs viewing angles (AT screen)..

Yes i too agree on the lesser cost and more benefit.. But if the OP wants a bigger screen, then the extra brightness of H1 could help him..

Np.. Thanks.. I just asked if you would be aware as you are keen on technical aspects..

You need to get the ALR screen and give it a go. You will have to reposition the projector to be closer to your eye but the picture quality... The photos don't do justice to it.

You need to get the ALR screen and give it a go. You will have to reposition the projector to be closer to your eye but the picture quality... The photos don't do justice to it.

Thanks..Sure..Have the LG projector in other room, though screwed it with too much flakes..Will try it..

@ItsMe[/USER] How has been your Xgimi H1 set-up coming up?..

Oh thats a story. I am on a business trip now and didnt get much time to play around with xgimi or set it up. Will be back by Aug 2nd week and start playing with the beauty. By the way, I have ordered Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark and Calibration Disc 2nd Edition, which may help me with calibration. Will keep you posted

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back