Playing Full HD on TV's USB vs Laptop connected via HDMI

goenkakushal

I was Watching a Full HD print on my new setup, while doing some experiments I happen to play the Same Movie File from My Laptop to my Samsung TV 75h6400 and later played the same file from my Pen Drive connected directly to my TV.

When I watched the Tv from a short distance I was surprised to see that when Movie was played on TV from Its USB port ,it was pixelated but when played On my laptop connected to the TV there was no pixilation .

:rolleyes:

Any one can pls explain this'>?

Last edited:
Check the picture setting used for playing via HDMI and USB. I bet they are different. If you like the HDMI picture settings, note down the picture settings details and use it on USB.

To see the picture settings for USB, you need to play a video and then set the picture settings as per your liking. You won't be able to set the picture settings for USB otherwise.

I was Watching a Full HD print on my new setup, while doing some experiments I happen to play the Same Movie File from My Laptop to my Samsung TV 75h6400 and later played the same file from my Pen Drive connected directly to my TV.

When I watched the Tv from a short distance I was surprised to see that when Movie was played on TV from Its USB port ,it was pixelated but when played On my laptop connected to the TV there was no pixilation .

It's the player that makes a difference. Play the movie with vlc and then play it with pot or kmp player and you will see a difference again.

The pq off a laptop or cpu tend to be better then playing directly off a TV USB.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It's the player that makes a difference. Play the movie with vlc and then play it with pot or kmp player and you will see a difference again.

The pq off a laptop or cpu tend to be better then playing directly off a TV USB.

Yea I guess the CPU has a 512 mb Graphic card, may be that is doing the magic. Do you think similar magic can be expected for audio as well?

Yea I guess the CPU has a 512 mb Graphic card, may be that is doing the magic. Do you think similar magic can be expected for audio as well?
If you are using external speakers, yes.
If you are simply restricted to your TV speakers, the volume is bound to be low. Though an mp3 or 2 channel audio recording is bound to e louder than a aac 6 channel file.

If I am restricted to use headphones, audio directly off my laptop or media player connected to a portable amp/dac sounds a lot better than the same file audio coming off the headphone jack into the portable amp.

So to answer your question, in my experience, audio and video off USB connection on your TV is inferior to pc or a media player

If you are using external speakers, yes.
If you are simply restricted to your TV speakers, the volume is bound to be low. Though an mp3 or 2 channel audio recording is bound to e louder than a aac 6 channel file.

Ya I am using Monitor Audio spkrs hooked on X3200 denon which is connected to HDMI TV ARC

TV player does basic job of playing video. Software players on PC can take advantage of CPU and GPU power to do hardware post processing and achieve effects such as deinterlacing, smoothing, contrast, colour etc to enhance overall visual quality.

Similarly the software players can also do audio post processing such as equaliser, various sound effects etc to enhance audio quality.

However in both cases the quality is largely limited by the hardware it is played on i.e. TV / speakers.

It has to do with the chipset on the TV. A friend bought a Philips LED TV and when I connected my hard disk I noticed that video wasn't as good as my TV at home. I then connected the same hard disk to my WDTV media player and connected to his Philips TV and VOILA! it looked perfect. The video chipset on the WDTV is better than the one on his cheap 32 inch TV.

It has to do with the chipset on the TV. A friend bought a Philips LED TV and when I connected my hard disk I noticed that video wasn't as good as my TV at home. I then connected the same hard disk to my WDTV media player and connected to his Philips TV and VOILA! it looked perfect. The video chipset on the WDTV is better than the one on his cheap 32 inch TV.

@max123_ind: You are absolutely right. PC hardware, though powerful is general purpose. Special purpose chipsets will always outperform even the most powerful general purpose chipsets. For e.g. when I play 4K HEVC files on my laptop having i7-5500 CPU with 8 Gb RAM and dedicated nVidia Geforece 920M graphics card, the playback struggles. But when I play it on nVidia SHIELD, it plays like butter.

Intel i7 is definitely more powerful than Tegra X1 when it comes to general purpose processing. But Tegra which is specifically designed for gaming and video playback always outperform i7 in those tasks.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back