Please advice for an entry level setup

brij.rawat

Request advice for a entry level set up. I have a budget of about 50K.

I would like to use the setup primarily for lisenting to music and would use it occasionally with a sony LCD for watching movies.

I surveyed the market a bit and have homed on to a requirement of a AV receiver(HDMI) and two floor standing speakers.

I have shortlisted Marantz SR 5001 and Whafedale 9.5.

Please advice regarding pros and cons and suggest any alternates to fit into this budget.

both your choices are good
if you like them get it
Alternatively i can only thinkof Denon 150* series or 190* series

floorstanders theres not much other than the 9.5's
Mordant short 906 , Jamo C405 ,

I would like to use the setup primarily for lisenting to music and would use it occasionally with a sony LCD for watching movies.

I surveyed the market a bit and have homed on to a requirement of a AV receiver(HDMI) and two floor standing speakers.

Please advice regarding pros and cons and suggest any alternates to fit into this budget.

Kindly request you to audition mission m35i too. It has better vocals, midrange than wharfedale and would cost you around 25k.

Prakash.

I can second you on the Wharfedales. Have the same speakers and they are nice.
If you haven't looked at the Onkyo TX-8522 or 8222 - they are a good enough option for the price.

if it's mainly for music then why bother with an AVR, at the same price point a stereo amp will be superior for music. And since you don't look like you're getting surround speakers an AVR would actually be a waste.

For floorstanders you can consider the Wharf 9.5, MS 906, Mission M35i, and for amplification perhaps you should consider a Marantz PM7001, or a Cambridge Audio 640A, or an NAD C325BEE.

i second psychotropic. for speakers also look at the monitor audio bronze series. imo you would rather go for the monitor audio silver series bookshelves rs1. they will musically outperform the wharfedale diamonds etc. take a listen

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back