Please help. I am new to amplifiers

JaiByrne

Hi there,

I wonder if you can help. I am looking for an Amp for no more than 400 euro. I listen to mostly classical but also some classic rock. I have decent enough Samsung speakers to attach to it and a new pair of headphones that would fit nicely to it. I don't need many input options. It must have a remote. I am living in Corkin Ireland. I don't want to have to order something from abroad so it needs to be something readily available. Something popular. Could you please help?

Thanks a lot

Jai

Hi yourself!

How about 650A? You can check with them for the NAD C326BEE as well. There is some write up here.

I recently saw the new marantz 6003. Got rave reviews. So see if you can hear them locally. Another one to consider would be Rotel RA04 (no remote). All this should fall in your budget. To get the full potential of these find amps, you might want to consider upgrading your speakers to atleast a diamond 9.1, tannoy F1 or ma BR2.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info

I had a look at the Marantz and found this

It is around the same price as the Marantz you mentioned but it also has a Tuner and CD, which, although not vital would be handy. Does going for a machine that contains these elements reduce the quality of the amp? Is an amp for the same money far better?

Jai

Hey that's a nice machine. I have listed to the M-CR502 many times. Infact helped my friend get this along with a pair of diamond 9.1 few months back, now biamped with chord silverscreen. If you are looking for an all-in-one micro hifi, look no further. I find this better than the DM37. The sound is clean and smooth. Looks incredible too!

Happy auditions.

One more embarrassing question :p

The inputs for the speakers... I don't recognise this kind of one. Will all the old 'wire speakers' just slot into these?

marantz_pm6003_200709.jpg

I am going to check out the speakers you mentioned too though.

I now have the option of going for the M-CR 502 or the PM 6003 so I will decide... :)

One more embarrassing question :p

The inputs for the speakers... I don't recognise this kind of one. Will all the old 'wire speakers' just slot into these?

The speaker wires can either be tightened like a nut or you can buy speaker spades or RCA connectors and connect them to the wire end which can then be connected to the binding posts.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back