Please help me build my 2 channel chain

Hi Friends,
Very much enjoyed reading this thread (including other related ones as well)!

@Vivek Batra - hats off to your patience - and very happy that it finally worked out for you :)

Summary: [Location Hyderabad]
I "kind of" went the same rout, was interested in the RP600m's first, quickly pivoted to the RP8000s and ultimately, settled down and booked the Forte IIIs - now the long wait of 12 weeks :(
RF7 IIIs were also on top of the consideration, demoed all 4 of them with a Marantz PrePro, with my CD collection and BluRays, then narrowed down to a fight out between RF7IIIs and Forte IIIs - and after 6 hours, Forte IIIs came out as the winner for me.

60:40 music and movies, all genres, leaning towards more of western classics (60s onwards), jazz, lots of live music and also modern day music.

Room size: 12x36x10 - living hall - and unfortunately, no dedicated room "yet" and the listening distance is on the 12feet width - so a considerable amount of open space towards the right. Speakers will be 8feet apart. Starting the overhaul with a 2channel first and then simultaneously build out the 7.2.x for movies. For which I have ordered the Heresy III as the center channel along with the F3s.

I've done quite a bit of reading on the power amps, Pre<>Pro's and now especially with the HDMI 2.1 - looks like its worth to wait for the receiver / preamp and therefore, looking at all options for a power amps to match the Forte's. Unfortunately, I may not be able to demo most of the power amps and therefore, looking out for all of your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Aint Fortes in stock with CineBels Bangalore? They were in stock few days back in walnut and black trims.

You are gonna use same set of speakers for music and movies?

I got the price for some McIntosh products but they are insanely priced, so I picked up Luxman.
Who was the distributor for McIntosh earlier? i think it was Preeti Trading right?
Distributor changes always leads to increase in prices, i don't know why.

Thanks.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back