Please help me buy a cell which has HD Cam + GPS

Tanoj

Hi Friends

I wish to Buy a Cell phone, it should solve the purpose of GPS Navigator and a good camera too

i initially looked at lenovo S720, it has HD cam bur no GPS

Note my budget is around 10 k
preferable brands Lenovo, samsung, micromax ( in decending order )

Thank you

Tanoj

Usually 5 MP and above camra-s in cell phones help capture HD video (starting with 720p) so you can search in sites like flipkart using these parameters like GPS and %MP Camera / HD Video

However my personal experiance with using phone GPS is that it is only for amateurish / infrequent use since it suffers from connectivity / tower reception issues. Nothing beats a dedicated GPS Navigation Device with active subscription with some GPS company. Not to mention that they heavily drain out the phone battery.

However my personal experiance with using phone GPS is that it is only for amateurish / infrequent use since it suffers from connectivity / tower reception issues. Nothing beats a dedicated GPS Navigation Device with active subscription with some GPS company. Not to mention that they heavily drain out the phone battery.

Thank you for your suggestion, so i should go for a basic cell and invest the money in the GPS device like map my india etc ? .. correct ?

i i do that, will i have to pay for activation/subscription etc, and it will cost more ?

Thank you

Tanoj

I found the free google maps on my android phone more useful then the paid Gamin with India maps loaded.

Request other FMs to share their experiences.

@Tanoj, many GPS companies tyake one time charge for lifetime subscription. You have to research.

@jagdish_p, I have used Android based gmaps and also Nokia Maps on old nokia phone and to me turn-by-turn navigation is better in case of Nokia Maps with voice support. But otherwise the GPS on phones eats out batteries quite fast and my experiance is that devices like garmin have better batteries and can also run on car 12v plugs (I know phones can be charged as well). Also I have experienced dropout from 3G to EDGE connection many a time while travelling rendering phone based GPS inconveninent at times

You can opt for any android driven cell phones they all have a GPS facility these days.
HD cams have been incorporated in the samsung cell phones, and a few models of Nokia Lumnia also have them. the Nokia lumnia 920 has it I guess.

Hi Friends

I wish to Buy a Cell phone, it should solve the purpose of GPS Navigator and a good camera too

i initially looked at lenovo S720, it has HD cam bur no GPS

Note my budget is around 10 k
preferable brands Lenovo, samsung, micromax ( in decending order )

Thank you

Tanoj

if you want to use GPS on a motorbike then going for a seperate GPS unit is adviseable as normal phones cannot take the beating of weather.

is GPS will be used in car or just to track locations then go for a cellphone.

most of the android smartphones around 10k or so will have GPS by default and camera 5MP+ which will happily capture HD videos. look for micromax series.

as mentioned above Gmaps free navigation never gave me issues on my motorcycle touring but mouting expensive phone and passing over potholes always gives me nightmares.

I am planing to use it in car,

since iam new to bangalore finding / going any location ( iskon temple, Nehru planetarium ect was very difficult , had to stop car and ask people for the address, several times

Regards

Tanoj

I am planing to use it in car,

since iam new to bangalore finding / going any location ( iskon temple, Nehru planetarium ect was very difficult , had to stop car and ask people for the address, several times

Regards

Tanoj

That is the best way to find any location also you can pickup on the local language very quick. :)

Map my India maps for India are available for free download on android phones. Go to play store and look for Sygic. (Don't know why the maps for India are only free) Here you can download maps for any state of India you wish. You need to download the maps, state by state.
It works the way a standalone MMI GPS works without a live internet connection.
Regards.

Thank you friends for your suggestions

finally ordered Map My india's gps navigator , costed 6490/- , waiting for its delivery

will update its review one i receive and use it in couple of days...

Thank you

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back