Please Help Me Choose

You have that kind of budget, then don't look for other options.
Go for Panasonic.

I personally believe Toshiba & Panasonic are the best manufacturers for LED tvs and i also recommend my friends to go for these 2 brands only.

Never ever think of Onida or Sharp. Not good quality.

Hi,
Thanx grv_aw and Manishw for the valuable inputs. I have zeroed in on Panny A410D & AS610D.
Since I already own a 32 inch Samsung LED, I am thinking in terms of going for a Smart TV instead of just a big screen. Hence may settle for AS610D.
ManishW,Can you pls give an honest review of AS610D?
Especially those Vierra market,swipe and share features?
Since there is a provision for web browsing(I may not use it)and Youtube etc is any antivirus or antimalware required to be installed just like we do in mobiles?
Regards

I'm happy with my choice Rakish. The PQ is great, better than others in this price range. Sound quality is average but then show me a flat screen with with good sound.

There is a App Store from where you can download and install apps. There are about 40-50 apps as of now. Swipe and share works perfect, I have the ipad app with which I can control just about anything on the TV. Chose content on your ipad or iPhone and then simply swipe it up and it appears on the TV screen.

Has a built in web browser and an app for YouTube. I don't think there is any threat of Virus ... At least for now.

So would I buy it again, if given a choice? Without any doubt, I would.

Hi ManishW,
Thanks for the reply.I have a doubt.
Is Panny 50AS610D a Full HD or HD Ready television?
Screen resolution is mentioned as 1366 x 768 Pixels.
Full HD must be 1920x1080 Pixels?
Why they are not giving a Full HD 50 inch TV?
Should I go for Samsung 48H5500 or Sony 48W600B ,then which are FULL HD and just 3k more than the Panny?

Hi ManishW,
Should I go for Samsung 48H5500 or Sony 48W600B ,then which are FULL HD and just 3k more than the Panny?

It is full HD as per panny website, check the link below.

Specs - TH-50AS610D LED LCD TV - Panasonic India

Hi ManishW,

It's Full HD ... 1920 x1080

Hi
Thnx to all those who came up with valuable guidance. I have purchased Panny 50AS610D.

HI,
Can anyone pls suggest some ideal settings for the AS610D? i didn't find any in the net.
thnx

Hi Rakish, I have shortlisted the same 3 models you did. 610d, 48w600b, and 48h5500. But the quotes I'm getting are nowhere near what you mentioned in one of the prev posts. So problem with my negotiation skills or the city matters? Please help.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back