Please Help Me Choose

Rakish

Friends,
I am planning to buy an LED TV , not having 3D . I am not that much into SmartTvs either. Hence i am looking for something in the range of 48-50 inches.
I DO NOT WANT plasma Tvs.My Budget is around 75k.
I have shortlisted
1) Sony 48R482B (Offer:70k) with 1yr warranty
2)Samsung H5100(Offer:70K) with 1 yr warranty
3)Panasonic Tx50A410D(Offer 63.5k)( with 2 yr warranty)
4)LG49LB5510(Offer:63.5K)(with 2 yr warranty)
My main considerations are:
a)Picture Quality
b)Service Quality
c)Durability
Since this is a Festive season in Kerala,two very tempting offers have been received Videocon 55 inch model VKC55FH with 3 years warranty is offered at Rs67k and ONIDA 50 inch model 50FRZ400 is offered at Rs 45k with 2 yrs warranty.
I am really confused because i am not clear about the quality of ONIDA and VIDEOCON LED tvs. It seems good right now but durability is the concern for me ,eventhough they are offering additional warranty.
Please advise me.

I think you can check for Sharp and Toshiba models too, they are giving 3 year guarantee. In my opinion, they are as good as Sony/lg/Samsung Tvs with much cheaper price and better guarantee.

i bought a panasonic 50a410d myself a month back and i am pretty happy with the PQ offered,i would advise you to make a choice between panasonic,LG,samsung or sony,also do consider buying extended warrenties,it will be an investment.

How does a 410d in comparison to the better plasma models that were the rage last year?

I am wondering if I should get a plasma before they are out of production or if the 410d will cut it.

G

@ gobble panny 410d and other 2014 models come with what the company claims is a super bright IPS panels which in my opinion offer a great PQ for the price,i dont think there is any noticeable difference with the plasmas,compared with one of them LG one's,even if there was i wouldnt buy a plasma as it is an old technology and is slowly being phased out.now coming to 410d i would say it is a no non sense 50inch TV esp if you are buying a TV for simple viewing pleasure with a competitive price and that too from a time trusted brand.hope this answers your questions

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the valuable inputs. I am thinking in terms of settling for the Panasonic model but the offer of ONIDA(there is a difference of around 19k betwen ONIDA and PANASONIC) is leaving me undecided. Can someone please guide me through on this decision?

I just bought the Panasonic 50AAS610D for 75k from Jumbo. Great PQ thanks to the super bright IPS Panel. Has apps for bigflix, boxTV, YouTube, weather, calendar, News and lots more. Has an iPad app that you can use to see pics, movies or stream music to the TV. Downside- only 2 HDMI ports. Worth the extra money IMO.

The dealer also gave Sennheiser HD419 over the ear headphones worth Rs. 3499 free with it.

@rakish, IMO you should go for panasonic or for that matter lg,samsung,sony but stick to these four as they are established names in the TV manufacturing industry,also the ASS for the big 4 is pretty good,dunno about brands like onida,toshiba or sharp and how good there products are,i suggest you overlook the diffrence in price and you wont regret your decision.onida used to be owners pride,but not anymore,rest is for you to decide,whatever you do enquire and purchase extended warranties,they might come in handy

@rakish, IMO you should go for panasonic or for that matter lg,samsung,sony but stick to these four as they are established names in the TV manufacturing industry,also the ASS for the big 4 is pretty good,dunno about brands like onida,toshiba or sharp and how good there products are,i suggest you overlook the diffrence in price and you wont regret your decision.onida used to be owners pride,but not anymore,rest is for you to decide,whatever you do enquire and purchase extended warranties,they might come in handy

I second that ... they charge extra because the give you something extra - QUALITY.

Hi,
Thanx grv_aw and Manishw for the valuable inputs. I have zeroed in on Panny A410D & AS610D.
Since I already own a 32 inch Samsung LED, I am thinking in terms of going for a Smart TV instead of just a big screen. Hence may settle for AS610D.
ManishW,Can you pls give an honest review of AS610D?
Especially those Vierra market,swipe and share features?
Since there is a provision for web browsing(I may not use it)and Youtube etc is any antivirus or antimalware required to be installed just like we do in mobiles?
Regards

its a beauty,exteriors look just the same as the 610d.enjoy your new TV,btw did you opt for some stabilizer or anything,need suggestions regarding the same?

Pannny 610d is available for 73k With anadditional year warranty and a Bennetton Trolley Bag free.
Sony 48W600B is available for Rs75k(with headphone worth Rs4999/ free), Samsung 48H5500 is available for 76k( with Skype cam worth Rs6000/ free).

Which one should I go for ,guys?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back