TCL vs Hisense vs Vu Brand Review

randomg42

I am looking for a 50-55 inch TV in the 30-40k price range. The best options seem to be:
1. TCL (with TCL635 and iFFALCON)
2. Vu (with GloLED)
3. Hisense (with A6H)

Did I miss out on any good brand/product? As per my research Kodak, Acer, Motorala, Nokia are all trash. Mi/Redmi and Oneplus are also not very competitive.

Can someone provide overall reviews for the brand? I want to use it for a minimum of 4 years.

My priority list would be:
1. Excellent 4k Quality
2. Good after-sales service - willing to pay for additional warranty if worth it
3. Good HDR support via brightness (I understand it is difficult in this range)
4. Sound and software interface are not an issue. Will solve them with speakers and firetv stick.

I have a Hisense A6 series 43” TV. It’s in the living room and used for casual viewing - have no real complaints with it.

I did have an issue with the Airplay not working - and Hisense sent someone down who fixed it. So that was a plus. Can’t complain there.

For what i use it for, its a perfectly cromulent TV.

One more brand you can check is TOSHIBA. Though they are part of bigger Hisense brand ; still the picture quality is maintained as the older Toshiba which is a bit superior than the models you have shortlisted.

Better go for TCL as hisense/vu/Toshiba is same, hisense build vu/Toshiba, build quality is very poor in hisense. I purchased TV in January 2021 till date 3 time TV replaced & 4th one is in queue. They have display/panel issues in every TV, "horizontal lines, picture fluctuations, dotted lines & white colour is over flow" are some defects that occurs within 1-1.5 years. I have got 3 year's warranty but these days they have stick to 1.5 year's only. Better see TCL there service & picture quality is great. Above all hisense/Toshiba service is given by third party ie Jeeves. No co-ordinate between Jeeves & hisense when you need replacement one has to play mail - mail with hisense & when you call hisense line will be directed to Toshiba.

Better go for TCL as hisense/vu/Toshiba is same, hisense build vu/Toshiba, build quality is very poor in hisense. I purchased TV in January 2021 till date 3 time TV replaced & 4th one is in queue. They have display/panel issues in every TV, "horizontal lines, picture fluctuations, dotted lines & white colour is over flow" are some defects that occurs within 1-1.5 years. I have got 3 year's warranty but these days they have stick to 1.5 year's only. Better see TCL there service & picture quality is great. Above all hisense/Toshiba service is given by third party ie Jeeves. No co-ordinate between Jeeves & hisense when you need replacement one has to play mail - mail with hisense & when you call hisense line will be directed to Toshiba.
+1 about hisense. I got one for my bedroom May last year and zero software updates since then. If there is an award for the worst remote in the milky way galaxy, hisense will win it without a sweat. It takes full 40 seconds to boot after power on. Most likely they are using an underpowered processor to run android which is typically inefficient when it comes to CPU and memory usage. Bright unnatural colours and my 13 year old HD panasonic beats this so called 4K resolution tv when it comes to picture quality and sound. Maybe I'm being too critical as these tv are quite cheap compared to the mainstream brands.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back