Speakers for Living room Home theatre

Hello All,

Have been going through lot of posts and found some amazing discussion which led me to become a member and finally a post.

Bit about me: Not an audiophile at all. Moving into an own apartment in 3 - 4 months, Planning for a 5.1.2 setup in my living room which measures (L 11 x B 14 feet). As I mentioned I am not audio enthusiast, recently upgraded to Sony 65 OLED ( after 12 years of owning 32 inch sony LCD) and wanted to go a good soundbar (Sony HT a9, sennhiser ambeo etc.) and was recommended for a HT setup by one of my friends. Thats when my research, audition began. Main usage will be for movie watching.

Some considerations: A big no for Floor-standers, Onwalls preferred for LR, Center channel can go on furniture, 3way preferred ( had this notion of 3 way were the best Ok to go with 2 way as well), SVS Subwoofer

With this I had almost finalised EVO series but the size of EVO 4.2 and the overall look and feel of living room was a downer.

At this point in time, I am inclined towards Dali Oberon or Opticon series with Onwalls doing the LR job and VOKAL center speaker. I have a budget of 5 lakhs max. 4 lakhs comfort 5 lakhs stretch. Auditioned both on different dates in different stores, could not tell much of a difference.

With Opticon - LR Opticon on wall, Vokal, Alteco C1 surround, Phantom E 50 ceiling
With Oberon - LR & Surround Oberon Onwall, Vokal, Phantom E 50 ceiling
Hybrid - LR & Surround Oberon Onwall, Opticon VOKAL, Phantom E 50 ceiling ( is this recommended??)

Denon 2700h receiver and SVS PB or SB 1000.

Need suggestion on speakers that will last long and keep enjoyable movie watching experience the same for long, not a person who would upgrade until broken.

Any other brands that I need to look at.

Thanks.
I would rather get Dali subwoofers over SVS. if you want nothing other than SVS for your subs, then opt for their sealed sub.
Buy the biggest sub which fits your budget and your space.

Hello All,

Have been going through lot of posts and found some amazing discussion which led me to become a member and finally a post.

Bit about me: Not an audiophile at all. Moving into an own apartment in 3 - 4 months, Planning for a 5.1.2 setup in my living room which measures (L 11 x B 14 feet). As I mentioned I am not audio enthusiast, recently upgraded to Sony 65 OLED ( after 12 years of owning 32 inch sony LCD) and wanted to go a good soundbar (Sony HT a9, sennhiser ambeo etc.) and was recommended for a HT setup by one of my friends. Thats when my research, audition began. Main usage will be for movie watching.

Some considerations: A big no for Floor-standers, Onwalls preferred for LR, Center channel can go on furniture, 3way preferred ( had this notion of 3 way were the best Ok to go with 2 way as well), SVS Subwoofer

With this I had almost finalised EVO series but the size of EVO 4.2 and the overall look and feel of living room was a downer.

At this point in time, I am inclined towards Dali Oberon or Opticon series with Onwalls doing the LR job and VOKAL center speaker. I have a budget of 5 lakhs max. 4 lakhs comfort 5 lakhs stretch. Auditioned both on different dates in different stores, could not tell much of a difference.

With Opticon - LR Opticon on wall, Vokal, Alteco C1 surround, Phantom E 50 ceiling
With Oberon - LR & Surround Oberon Onwall, Vokal, Phantom E 50 ceiling
Hybrid - LR & Surround Oberon Onwall, Opticon VOKAL, Phantom E 50 ceiling ( is this recommended??)

Denon 2700h receiver and SVS PB or SB 1000.

Need suggestion on speakers that will last long and keep enjoyable movie watching experience the same for long, not a person who would upgrade until broken.

Any other brands that I need to look at.

Thanks.
Hi welcome here :)

I had a room of the exact same size in my previous place, and Sat+Sub combinations really work well in that space. I had a Qacoustics Q7000i Sat+Sub package that sounded really great both for movies as well music. And if you can plan the layout of the speakers in advance, you can do the wiring in advance, and wall mount your speakers for a neat and minimal look. Though there is nothing minimal about their sound.

By the way, I also pre-wired my ceiling and flush mounted my atmos speakers into the ceiling too.

So I would check out the latest Sat+sub HT speaker combos out there. All the best :)

IMG-20190107-WA0039.jpgIMG-20190107-WA0024.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back