please help me configure my first home theatre system..

How big is your bedroom as the floorstanders might be an overkill.

Gopi

his total room size is...350sq fts..

That is almost 20x17, quite big to accomodate Floor Standars...

Abhishek

So now, you are going in for a stereo setup...
Nice...

Yes, Jamo E 875 and Cambridge Audio 640Av2 is a nice combo...But i will prefer if you can have a demo of CA640Av2 and MS 906i together...

Do let me know, what cables you are using...
And even what deal are you getting the same at...???

Gopi

his total room size is...350sq fts..

That is almost 20x17, quite big to accomodate Floor Standars...

Abhishek

So now, you are going in for a stereo setup...
Nice...

Yes, Jamo E 875 and Cambridge Audio 640Av2 is a nice combo...But i will prefer if you can have a demo of CA640Av2 and MS 906i together...

Do let me know, what cables you are using...
And even what deal are you getting the same at...???

Mridul,
I did demo the CA640v2 with the 908i and the 906i... found the 908i perfect for what i have in mind...

Final decision that needs to be made is whether i go for the MS 908i or the Jamo E875.. reciever is going to be CA640v2...

I found that overall the Jamo's sounded similar to the MS, though the 908i does have the advantage of an onboard woofer...

Am getting the MS908i for 40k, same for the E875... 906i would be arnd 26-28k...

Not decided on cables yet...

Abhishek

Mridul,
I did demo the CA640v2 with the 908i and the 906i... found the 908i perfect for what i have in mind...

Final decision that needs to be made is whether i go for the MS 908i or the Jamo E875.. reciever is going to be CA640v2...

I found that overall the Jamo's sounded similar to the MS, though the 908i does have the advantage of an onboard woofer...

Am getting the MS908i for 40k, same for the E875... 906i would be arnd 26-28k...

Abhishek

hey abhishek did u hear the MS 916i,btw the MRP price of 906i Rs22600,MRP of 908i is 38000 so the dealer cannot quote a price more then the MRP.
the 916i MRP is 26700.

hey abhishek did u hear the MS 916i,btw the MRP price of 906i Rs22600,MRP of 908i is 38000 so the dealer cannot quote a price more then the MRP.
the 916i MRP is 26700.
Did you get this quote on MS speakers from the dealer in Kormangala (behind BDA complex)? This guy has this self-benefiting tendency to quote significant high prices.
You need to throw the MRP at him (from fxentertainment who is the India distributor) to get him fall inline and give you proper pricing.

~dich

Did you get this quote on MS speakers from the dealer in Kormangala (behind BDA complex)? This guy has this self-benefiting tendency to quote significant high prices.
You need to throw the MRP at him (from fxentertainment who is the India distributor) to get him fall inline and give you proper pricing.

~dich

Buddy

Can you proove it a bit...

I know him, from past 2 yrs., and till date not a single case of sales/quotes above MRP...

Anyways, Abhishek is from Gurgaon, not from Bangalore...

Anyways, what does Mr. Sen (Fx Entertainment), has to say about the MRPs of 906i, 908i & 916i...

Mridul,

Abhishek

Abhishek

That onboard subwoofer, is a good go, but, yes you cant even avoid the output of E-875, both are good in there class...
So now it depends on you to decide...

Anyways, if you ask my personal opinion now...(After visiting SoundsGreat)...
I would suggest you his DIY speakers - M-Trex...They are too good, and will be just a bit up your budget...
Come down to Bangalore and am sure, after auditioning those, you sure, will ask him to make one pair for you...:)

Buddy
Can you proove it a bit...
Sorry, never felt like keep documented proof of my misadventures there.
If you are inclined and have the free time, drop by at the shop, pretend to be a person with lots of $$ and little knowledge of sound systems. And then watch yourself taken for a royal ride. :)
I am sure I would have been taken for a ride if I hadn't found this forum which provided a lot of valuable information. (you can follow that story if you want http://www.hifivision.com/introductions/489-budget-receiver-speakers.html)

Abhishek, dealers (most of them though there are some honest ones around) will try to quote you the max price they think they can get away with. It is up to you to get knowledgeable about the current prices in India.

Fx... price lists (2007) are available here:
http://www.fxentertainment.in/images/cambridge_audio_price_list.pdf
http://www.fxentertainment.in/images/mordaunt_carnival_price_list.pdf
http://www.fxentertainment.in/images/mordaunt_price_list.pdf

~dich

~dich

yes i got the quote from FX entertainment althought the MS dealer in kormangala did give rates a bit higher by only few hundred rupees.he was just saying the round figure.

anyway here is the conversation between me and MR Shane(MD of FX ent).

MR SHANE reply:"This email has been brought to my attention and i would be extremely grateful if you could mention the dealers name who has tried to over-charge you...we at Fx Entertainment follow a strict MRP and if someone over-charges, we would certainly like to know who that dealer is, so that we can have him spoken to and action taken.

Please do call me on my direct mobile number ********** and i would be more than happy to share prices with you."

when i asked hime to post the prices on the website and to let customers know about the MRP since they can easily get cheated.

MR SHANE reply:"appreciate your concern and will try and host my price list on our website. In the mean time, attached is my price list for your reference. Could you also reveal your city of residence so that i could help you find a suitable Mordaunt Short authorized dealer?"

when i said him that they do slightly overcharge

MR SHANE reply:" Audio Planet are our official partners for Karnataka and they wouldn??t increase prices. In fact it??s about 7-8% cheaper than Delhi as we have to ship products from our warehouse in Chennai where as Bangalore is closer and therefore enjoy that cost factor.

Please call Mr. Palani on ********* and he will help you out. For your information, Mr. Palani is also the Technical head of Fx Entertainment."

the above are the actual conversation with the Marketing director of FX entertainment which i had about 3weeks ago.so thanks to me the prices are being put up in the website.

now wharfedale dealer vectors in bangalore is out of is mind he quoted a price of 28500 for the DIAMOND 9.5 while the MRP price is 25000.

here the conversation with MR Ravi SHAH(Director
Designer Audio India)

MR RAVI shah reply:
"Attached find the price list of entire Wharfedale product range.

Our authorised dealer in Bangalore:
VECTOR PROJECTION SYSTEMS

VIBES
Mr. Dinesh Tel: 9886989014

You can get any Wharfedale speaker at the attached price list from our above dealer. You may even visit his (vector) place for a demo.
If our dealer charges you more then the MRP, then just contact me."

when i confirmed againt to him about vectors overpriced .

MR RAVI SHAH reply:"Do not pay more than MRP. I gave you another dealer's details: Mr. Dinesh (of VIBES) 9886989014.

If any of our dealer is charging more than MRP, then we can send you goods directly at MRP. If you want, we can send you Diamond 9.5 at 25000/- (inclusive of 12.5% VAT). WE shall bear transportation cost."

so guys do ur research before u buy u can easily get cheated.

Excellent leg work (or shall I say phone work) adder. :)
It is time than India buyers collaborate on price and service aspects to make sure we are not cheated by these dealers.

~dich

Adder,

The wharfedale website wharfedale.co.uk also lists Decibels Inc in Gem Plaza as their dealer for Bangalore.

You may want to check with them as well. Their contact from the website:

Dealers in Bangalore (Decibels) DECIBELS INC.
B2, GEM Plaza, #66, Infantry Road,
Bangalore ?? 560001.
Tel: (080) 41132165, 9886722937

I've dealt with Decibels last year and found the experience good.

cheers!

smsrini

yes i know about decibels :)but he has vacated the infantry road showroom and right know he is busy finishing his new showroom in jayanagar,he has a temporary showroom in outer ring road but he insisted me to have a demo in the new showroom since placememt of speakers matters.he also has mission speakers which i have yet to audition.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back