Please help me in building my 1st audio system !

music4mhell

Hello All,

I am just a newbie into this HIFI Audio world.
I want some suggestions/tips on building my 1st audio system.

I will use this to listen music and connect to my D2H/TV.
My budget is around 50K, if it goes beyond no issues.

Another thing I don't want 5.1 surround system.

I am thinking of buying 2 speakers, 1 Amplifies and 1 Sub-woofer.
Please give your suggestions on products which i should consider.

Thank U :)

if you don't need 5.1 system, any reason why you want it connected to D2H/ cable - is it just to enhance the audio that you wanted via amp ?

there are lot of good amp/Book shelves combo that you have to start with.
You might want to think if you would need sub immediately also. But anyways 2.1 package are plenty. lot of brands ultimately it comes to personal choice - browse through hifimart, go for auditions and pick the one that you like. ofcourse before making decision , you can post your views for others to comment and make an informed decision.

from my RnD ..

i have below products in my mind..

SONODYNE

SiA 320 -- Amp
Sonus 1501 V3 -- Speakers
Roarr 210 -- Subwoofers..

I want to make 2.1 .. so that i can enjoy my MP3 also some times..

Please give ur comments on my selections !

You can consider Onkyo TX 8020, stereo receiver with digital inputs and a pre-out which you can connect it to subwoofer...

Yes, Sonodyne's Sonus are good speakers for the money...

Onkyo stereo receiver should cost you approx 25K...

I recently auditioned Sonodyne 1501 and won't recommend for audio stereo setup. They are best as rear surrounds or PC speakers only

How about Marantz M-CR603*stereo receiver. Listed for 29k+ on hifimart. 60w amp. Plays CD. 2 pairs of speaker terminals, you can bi-amp or connect second pair in bedroom, kitchen etc.

If you can stretch may be you can go for 610 model for Bluetooth and WiFi.

Add q-acoustics 2050i speakers (25k+ mrp, buying price will be atleast 10% less) and your have an amazing combo.

Try and audition the combo if possible.

Other option could be yamaha a-s500.

Both Marantz and yamaha are whathifi 5 star rated if that matters.

You could first get the amp/receiver first and then audition shortlisted speakers with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a mail from hifimart, they are now shipping wharfedale diamond 220.
Add it to your auditioning list.

There can be 'n' number of suggestions. Not sure how would that help unless you listen to them.

You could try Dali Zensor 1/3 and monitor audio bx2.

For me, sub is useful during movies. When listening to music, I do not use sub. I don't feel the need for more bass.

Hi, have you done any auditions? If not, go and listen to several systems. Only then will you be able to come to a conclusion. And please listen to more expensive systems also so you can decide if you want to wait for some time and save up for something better

Hi Music4hell

You haven't quoted your budget. Also if you share your room size, furniture details and type of music u would enjoy then it will help me to advise.

You had said about two speakers and one sub.

One more information required at this juncture. How u will be playing your music? CD Player? or Computer? or etccccc

One info for you, if u havent purchased so far, please spend time listening in the audition room and play your music not theirs. Dont depend upon one day audition.
Cabling is pretty important, because we are talking about power, resistance, etc etc.....so keep a budget for that too......

Cacophonix

Thanks for ur reply ..

My budget is between 50K - 1 Lac
I listen to music with low or medium sound, but i want to feel the BASS, that's why i m doing with 2.1 combination.

I will play music from my phone (One + 1).. and also i will connect it to my D2H..

Room size is like a normal Bedroom in a 1 BHK flat .. and no furnitures :eek:hyeah:

Please ask me if further info needed..

My most IMP requirement , even i play music at low sound, i want to feel the BASS.. that's my style of listening

Thanks for ur reply :) Thank U

Please suggest me further !

Going in for two floorstanders would be better than buying a bookshelf+sub because i dont like the separation between the bookshelf + sub for music and the sub feels always exhaggerating the bass response. Look at an amplifier with fs. If you dont have enough budget for fs only then go in for bookshelf and later add a subwoofer. If the bass is important at low volumes the consider a sub in that case.
Check with local dealers you may find a better deal for the amplifier. For bookshelf speakers you can choose wharfedale diamond 220 or the q acoustics 2020i. They are avaliable @hifimart. If you can take a audition as this will give you a fair idea of what you need/require. Also in the higher end there are dali speakers which have excellent reviews on the forum.

Last edited:
2 bookshelves, a stereo amplifier and a powered subwoofer. i would start with that. later on add an external DAC

hello music4mhell, and welcome to the forum!

i agree to Naturelover's and rayvonnee's posts above.
also, if you could come down to Navi Mumbai sometime (Koparkhairane, specifically), you could audition a few bookshelves (and probably floorstanders too) at the place of the owner of this website - Home

he has some powerful sounding bookshelves at his home. if you happen to be coming to this side sometime and wish to demo those, contact him prior travelling. a meeting with him can be really informative with regards to speakers and other audio-gear and the whole sound/music set-up!

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back