Please help me upgrade my 5.1.2 sound system, which speakers should I buy?

trivisingh

Hello everyone,

I have a home theater setup for a few years now and I wish to upgrade my speakers for 5.1.2 atmos sound. Currently I have the Denon X2300 AVR running an old set of Sonodyne 5.1 speakers. I have a budget if about 2.5 lacs for the speakers, planning to keeping the same AVR for now. I want speakers mainly for movies but it will be nice if they sound good for music as well.

I am considering auditioning speakers from KEF, Dali, Klipsch, Polk and Q-Acoustics. It seems there are a lot of options so I would appreciate it if some one can suggest a good upgrade path for me and how I should go about the whole thing. I am from Mumbai, which shops in Mumbai can I go to audition the speakers?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I have a home theater setup for a few years now and I wish to upgrade my speakers for 5.1.2 atmos sound. Currently I have the Denon X2300 AVR running an old set of Sonodyne 5.1 speakers. I have a budget if about 2.5 lacs for the speakers, planning to keeping the same AVR for now. I want speakers mainly for movies but it will be nice if they sound good for music as well.

I am considering auditioning speakers from KEF, Dali, Klipsch, Polk and Q-Acoustics. It seems there are a lot of options so I would appreciate it if some one can suggest a good upgrade path for me and how I should go about the whole thing. I am from Mumbai, which shops in Mumbai can I go to audition the speakers?

Thanks
2.5 is a good budget. Only speaker upgrade or subwoofer as well?

Would highly suggest get a nice 4 channel Poweramp make a Superb 2.2 ( 10" peerless XLS subs sealed box) and a centre channel use your sonodyne for surround and add minidsp 4x8HD and you will be set superb Stereo and Movie sound. I am not a brand freak cause can get better sound than the brands costing 4x

I like the suggestion above.

Overall, to truly feel a difference, you may be better off with upgrading just the front stage (LCR) and subwoofer. For 2.5 then, you'll have a ton of options.

Mumbai auditions:
- Cinebels for Klipsch
- Polk you should buy through the dealer in Nerul, but ideally, stick to KEF, Dali, Klipsch, or the even more exotic brands.

Would highly suggest get a nice 4 channel Poweramp make a Superb 2.2 ( 10" peerless XLS subs sealed box) and a centre channel use your sonodyne for surround and add minidsp 4x8HD and you will be set superb Stereo and Movie sound. I am not a brand freak cause can get better sound than the brands costing 4x
Can you elaborate a little on what you said above? Sorry, I am not much of an audiophile so don’t know a lot of technical or DIY stuff. For me, it was supposed to be as simple as getting an AVR and some good branded speakers and thats about it. But if you say that your suggestion will help me get better sound for less money then I am definitely interested.

2.5 lakhs is a good budget to upgrade 5.1.2 speakers set. Just study your room and room acoustic first where you suppose to set speakers , do some homework about placement of speakers, type of speakers and brands of speakers which you like to audition in near future. Take your own time for audition and wait till you audition last speaker in your list. We have lots of options for audition here in Mumbai. If you are from Navi Mumbai then 5.1 sound ( Nerul) , Decibel ( Seawoods, next to Navaratna hotel) , Pro home audio ( Parasik Hill, CBD) are the closest options. In Mumbai, just PM for datails...

I have a home theater setup for a few years now and I wish to upgrade my speakers for 5.1.2 atmos sound. Currently I have the Denon X2300 AVR running an old set of Sonodyne 5.1 speakers.

Better to add one more (identical) subwoofer for solid lows that should help you for both movies / music..

Can you elaborate a little on what you said above? Sorry, I am not much of an audiophile so don’t know a lot of technical or DIY stuff. For me, it was supposed to be as simple as getting an AVR and some good branded speakers and thats about it. But if you say that your suggestion will help me get better sound for less money then I am definitely interested.
I was in exactly as your space and after spending some time landed up with a system that does not require brands. more configurable. can't explain here if you wish to learn and have time call me will explain
regards
anand shah

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back