please help totally confused???

manu4panjab

hello friends

i want to know if my projector has 300 watts power consumption then how many amps does it is
also i have two 300 watts subwoofer so total of 600 watts so how many amps do they have
like i have a 6amps voltage stabilizer then how many kva does it have

so like i have an av rceiver with 4.9 amp power consumption and also written 500 watts consumption

also teach me how can we convert watts to amps

amps to kva

totally confused

KVA = Kilo Volts Amp = 1000 Volts Amp

Now Watts = Volts * Amp * Power Factor, this power factor (PF) varies from product to product, i.e. if it is a normal bulb the power factor will be 1, so for 300 watt bulb at 230 V the current will be 300/230 = 1.3 Amps, but if it is some other type of light like tube light than the PF comes in picture. Generally a good company tube light will be have a PF 0.5 - 0.6, hence here if the watts is same i.e. 300 than the Amps will come to 300/230/0.6 = 2.17 Amps. A Transformer in Electronic equipments will have PF not better than 0.2. don't know about SMPS.
Again the Sub Woofer of 300 Watts will consume that watts at peak performance, the average consumption will much less.

KVA = Kilo Volts Amp = 1000 Volts Amp

Now Watts = Volts * Amp * Power Factor, this power factor (PF) varies from product to product, i.e. if it is a normal bulb the power factor will be 1, so for 300 watt bulb at 230 V the current will be 300/230 = 1.3 Amps, but if it is some other type of light like tube light than the PF comes in picture. Generally a good company tube light will be have a PF 0.5 - 0.6, hence here if the watts is same i.e. 300 than the Amps will come to 300/230/0.6 = 2.17 Amps. A Transformer in Electronic equipments will have PF not better than 0.2. don't know about SMPS.
Again the Sub Woofer of 300 Watts will consume that watts at peak performance, the average consumption will much less.

so brother

can you please tell me that i have a 6amps stabilizer so how many watts it can handle and can you please tell me how many watts does it have
and can 6 amp stabilizer handle my 500 watts consumption av receiver + 300 watts power consumption projector

and one last thing

if i purchase another stabilizer like 3amps power

so will it carry my two subs with 300 watts each power

In theory, a 6amp stabilizer should handle 1320 watts (6*220) and a 3amp one should handle 660 watts. However, it is suggested to go for a higher rated stabilizer than what you need (as per theory). Go for a 10amp one instead of 6amp and 5amp one instead of a 3amp.

In theory, a 6amp stabilizer should handle 1320 watts (6*220) and a 3amp one should handle 660 watts. However, it is suggested to go for a higher rated stabilizer than what you need (as per theory). Go for a 10amp one instead of 6amp and 5amp one instead of a 3amp.

thanks brother

S Kumar is correct, you should go in for a higher powered one.

but brother

v-gaurd don't make any stabilizers higher than 6amps :sad:

can't i use 6 amps stabilizer for my 1200 watts need because if we multiply 6 x220 then we get 1320 watts

and another 6 amps for my two subwoofer whom are 600 watts total power

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back