• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Please help with Bookshelf designs - Tangbad W5-1611SAF

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 4.2 Speakers

rbalu72

I have got hold of a pair of W5-1611SAF - 5" Full Range TB-Speakers and my intent originally was to have a FH build with these. Datasheet can be had from here

I am looking for a bookshelf design to house these drivers as I already built FH using Markaudio CHR70 drivers.

Can someone suggest?

Thanks

aniruddha82

I have got hold of a pair of W5-1611SAF - 5" Full Range TB-Speakers and my intent originally was to have a FH build with these. Datasheet can be had from here

I am looking for a bookshelf design to house these drivers as I already built FH using Markaudio CHR70 drivers.

Can someone suggest?

Thanks
I don't know anything about FH but check if the below link is of any use for this purpose.
Download | Leonard Audio

keith_correa

15.5 liter enclosure with port 1.5" [inner dia.] x 2.3" [len.]. This is tuned to 50.4 Hz. All inside walls lined with open cell foam.

rbalu72

15.5 liter enclosure with port 1.5" [inner dia.] x 2.3" [len.]. This is tuned to 50.4 Hz. All inside walls lined with open cell foam.

Thanks Keith_correa, need a bit more detail of what size box i should make and if possible some links to look at a prototype/box design plan will help noobs like me :)

keith_correa

Thanks Keith_correa, need a bit more detail of what size box i should make and if possible some links to look at a prototype/box design plan will help noobs like me :)
Box size is up to you provided you keep the inside volume = what I specified + volume displaced by port + volume displaced by driver inside the box - though the last 2 are not very critical. It is said that the golden ratio used for box dimensions are the most effective in reducing standing waves.

Last edited: