please help!

qoolss

hi guys,

i am moving to india at the end of this month. I have become a regular member of this forum recently due to my move to india and also to touch base with some Hi-hi enthusiast like me.

I am facing a massive constraint which i am sure you would have come across.

I have following system and I need power management solution for it as I will be based out of Delhi and power is not trust worthy at all:

1. Denon AVR 3808A
2. Roksan Kandy K2 integrated with power output of around 120 to 150 in 8 Ohms (either of them not sure)
3. JL Audio Fathom f113 Sub which is 2500 RMS
4. HTPC with 650 watt PSU
5. Panasonic 50' full HD plasma

I would like to request about throwing somelight on what solution in need for best power management and from where I can get it. I would kidly request for 2 different version money wise(Medium range and high range)

All my sytem is arriving around 2nd week of August and I need to know all this before it arrives so I can also concentrate on some room acoustics.

So far people have thrown idea on UPS and Servo Stabilizers but I have not had concrete understanding. I would appreciate if you could also add where it is possible to buy the stuff.

My majoy concern in my sub and TV which are expensive then most of the other items and definately deserve some respect.

I will appreciate your help.

kind regards,

swatantra

hi guys,

i am moving to india at the end of this month. I have become a regular member of this forum recently due to my move to india and also to touch base with some Hi-hi enthusiast like me.

I am facing a massive constraint which i am sure you would have come across.

I have following system and I need power management solution for it as I will be based out of Delhi and power is not trust worthy at all:

1. Denon AVR 3808A
2. Roksan Kandy K2 integrated with power output of around 120 to 150 in 8 Ohms (either of them not sure)
3. JL Audio Fathom f113 Sub which is 2500 RMS
4. HTPC with 650 watt PSU
5. Panasonic 50' full HD plasma

I would like to request about throwing somelight on what solution in need for best power management and from where I can get it. I would kidly request for 2 different version money wise(Medium range and high range)

All my sytem is arriving around 2nd week of August and I need to know all this before it arrives so I can also concentrate on some room acoustics.

So far people have thrown idea on UPS and Servo Stabilizers but I have not had concrete understanding. I would appreciate if you could also add where it is possible to buy the stuff.

My majoy concern in my sub and TV which are expensive then most of the other items and definately deserve some respect.

I will appreciate your help.

kind regards,

swatantra

Hi

Do a search on the forum as a number of folks are or were in a similar situation as you re: the power conditioning.

Re: the Roksan K2 - its 125 W RMS with both channels driven. So, quite a powerful amp. Also its worthwhile to call them to see if they can change the power supply to match the 220V? Most companies do this if you have bought from an authorised distributor or retailer.

guys,

i appreciate bout your sentiment on searching the forum, however i have done it but struglling to understand which would be the best, ho wmuch investment and also based on power consumption of my items which one would be th best option.

kind regards,

swatantra

Belkin has a surge protector that costs some 1600 bucks that claims to have all kinds of doodads to deliver clean power, and you get a 50,000 buck "insurance" for components you connect to that, anyone used this? does this help? is this useful? It's something like this.

Last edited:
Belkin has a surge protector that costs some 1600 bucks that claims to have all kinds of doodads to deliver clean power, and you get a 50,000 buck "insurance" for components you connect to that, anyone used this? does this help? is this useful? It's something like this.

well i guess it is really important to have surge protector in our indian homes. however, i would certainly go for Monster cable one which is more popular and they are counted as one of the best in the business so there is no compromise on quality (this is my assumption which could be different from others)

regards,

swatantra

Just take the help of a qualified electrician to calculate your full load in KVA(assuming all equipments are switched on and used simultaneously) and accordingly buy a reputed brand servo stabilizer (KRYKARD or VERTEX is a very good product that I know). Plug-in the spike buster extension box to the output of the servo stabilizer and connect all your equipments to the spike buster :)

Krykard:
Welcome to Alacrity

Vertex:
Universal Electronics - Home

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

awesome! thanks buddy. would you advice for servo or UPS. and also whether they are availalble in delhi?

if anyone knows answer to these questions and can help me out then it will be much appreciated. (pint of beer on me)

kind regards,

swatantra

Back