Please post a review of mission

congrats dude..the way george benson sounded on my missions.....awesome. mids are something to die for. Complete VFM unlike many others.

BTW where did you get the babies from?

thanks supra.got them from blore(anand/decibels inc).looks like we r the only owners of the m35i on this forum,the same colour too ;).heh.cheers
btw,was listening to some lounge last night(shalom) and on one track the bass goes so low,it actually felt like a sub was hidden away in the room.the pressure levels they generate are impressive

Last edited:
thanks supra.got them from blore(anand/decibels inc).looks like we r the only owners of the m35i on this forum,the same colour too ;).heh.cheers
btw,was listening to some lounge last night(shalom) and on one track the bass goes so low,it actually felt like a sub was hidden away in the room.the pressure levels they generate are impressive

agreed. I never hook on a sub when listening to music - m35 has that bass part covered. Only problem is the sheer size and placement of these speakers - proper placement is imperative or bass get slightly boomy.

Also give them some time - they will sound better with time.

Congrats Suprateep & Rallynuts for your M35i.
Unfortunately I am not able to audition these in Delhi, but you people are certainly inspiring me for M35i.
As you might have seen in other threads, I am confused between having a M35i/Wharf10.5+sub or to go for MA-RS6 only in the current budget (22x20 room,Yamaha V663,60:40 Music:Movies).
What would be your opinion between these choices.
Thanks.

Congrats Suprateep & Rallynuts for your M35i.
Unfortunately I am not able to audition these in Delhi, but you people are certainly inspiring me for M35i.
As you might have seen in other threads, I am confused between having a M35i/Wharf10.5+sub or to go for MA-RS6 only in the current budget (22x20 room,Yamaha V663,60:40 Music:Movies).
What would be your opinion between these choices.
Thanks.

well with yamaha 663 its between Mission and Wharf. Give both a try - both have their own pros and cons. So a personal listen is suggested....

I am happy with my missions though I have not yet seen the wharf 10 series in action

agreed. I never hook on a sub when listening to music - m35 has that bass part covered. Only problem is the sheer size and placement of these speakers - proper placement is imperative or bass get slightly boomy.

Also give them some time - they will sound better with time.

@supra,ur right about the placement issue.within a very short span of time one tends to wonder what theyd be like given the room.still,lovin them so far :yahoo:.ur amp quest gotten anywhere yet?

@shagun,the choice of wharf/mission is a good way to go.also,the QA.like supra said the choice is personal(sound/finance/placement/etc).for the money,IMHO,nothing comes even close.cheers

@supra,ur right about the placement issue.within a very short span of time one tends to wonder what theyd be like given the room.still,lovin them so far :yahoo:.ur amp quest gotten anywhere yet?

@shagun,the choice of wharf/mission is a good way to go.also,the QA.like supra said the choice is personal(sound/finance/placement/etc).for the money,IMHO,nothing comes even close.cheers

I am smitten with my sepakers and the pricing is the cherry - cannot belive it the sound has changed so much. Last few days Geroge Benson FLAC files played through cplay never sounded any better - any day better than foobar or winamp with asio.

Well i was so busy for the last few days with an RFP that my stereo amp search went for a toss. Anyway I have decided that if 326 NAD and Marantz 5/6 series are a bad combo (no hope from the marantz combo) - its gonna be a Norge 1000 (why cant they change the looks too)

I am smitten with my sepakers and the pricing is the cherry - cannot belive it the sound has changed so much. Last few days Geroge Benson FLAC files played through cplay never sounded any better - any day better than foobar or winamp with asio.

Well i was so busy for the last few days with an RFP that my stereo amp search went for a toss. Anyway I have decided that if 326 NAD and Marantz 5/6 series are a bad combo (no hope from the marantz combo) - its gonna be a Norge 1000 (why cant they change the looks too)

supra,maybe the used way to go is the best option.if u can lay out the money,the CA 640A V2 i run for this spk amp combo is great.otherwise am sure the norge will suffice(cant beat the price point!!).agree about the looks,i feel their best looker is the 2000mosfet.cheers

supra,maybe the used way to go is the best option.if u can lay out the money,the CA 640A V2 i run for this spk amp combo is great.otherwise am sure the norge will suffice(cant beat the price point!!).agree about the looks,i feel their best looker is the 2000mosfet.cheers

price man for a second hand ca 640 v2??

the 2000 mofset is shrill to my liking though it looks good. Pune has limited options man.....

price man for a second hand ca 640 v2??

the 2000 mofset is shrill to my liking though it looks good. Pune has limited options man.....

no idea about 2nd prices tho.i got mine new.yeah,where i stay i have no options whatsoever,hence the sourcing from blore!!!maybe u should audition the ca(if possible) and then see.cheers

btw if 2-3 people are interested we can ask Mr Baja to make custom 1000 with better casing and gold plated connectors.

We can pay the difference outright.:rolleyes:

What say people??

btw if 2-3 people are interested we can ask Mr Baja to make custom 1000 with better casing and gold plated connectors.

We can pay the difference outright.:rolleyes:

What say people??

hai

Supradeep

I am new to this forum. I am planning for mission 34i with yamaha 463, is it good combination, what is your opinion.

hai

Supradeep

I am new to this forum. I am planning for mission 34i with yamaha 463, is it good combination, what is your opinion.

okay its acceptable for movies yes but stereo maybe no.

m34 is balanced to the point of being a lil forward (not harsh) at times. Yamaha 463 is also aligned in a similar manner. So source material can play a major role in the output being likeable or not at your end.

So if 463 is your option - change to wharfdale 9.5 or stick with missions and go for an denon 1509 or below.

But anyway i have seen the same combo work at different places including vijay sales in mumbai - was acceptable with DTS and plain stereo tracks. It might work for you - do give it an audition.

okay its acceptable for movies yes but stereo maybe no.

m34 is balanced to the point of being a lil forward (not harsh) at times. Yamaha 463 is also aligned in a similar manner. So source material can play a major role in the output being likeable or not at your end.

So if 463 is your option - change to wharfdale 9.5 or stick with missions and go for an denon 1509 or below.

But anyway i have seen the same combo work at different places including vijay sales in mumbai - was acceptable with DTS and plain stereo tracks. It might work for you - do give it an audition.

I don't have much experience with this. After going through different opinions I got some knowledge. As I am in remote place i will get little chance of taking an audition, as you people are much experienced in this you can suggest. Actually I am planning for a 5.1 set up gradually.

It would be really helpful if somebody can post the latest prices for Norge amps

Hai All,

Here is NORGE Price list :

NORGE 1515 - Rs.2950/-
NORGE 2030 - Rs. 4200/-
NORGE 4242 - Rs. 5200/-
NORGE 2060 - Rs. 7600/-
NORGE 1000 gold - Rs. 10,000/-

The above prices are taken from AVMAX mag Page 138 of June 2009.

N Murali.

I don't have much experience with this. After going through different opinions I got some knowledge. As I am in remote place i will get little chance of taking an audition, as you people are much experienced in this you can suggest. Actually I am planning for a 5.1 set up gradually.

do you want 2 channel sound?

go for the mission with norge 2060 or 1000....good value for money.

Want a surroudn sound solution - go with 463 and build around m34 - but for stereo you would always want a 2 channel system. I have an onkyo 606 that does drive m35 decently without sub but the feel is not there if you understand what i mean.

Be specific with your requirements and budget - the members will be more than happy to give you a lor of suggestions:clapping:

Hi Ravi,

Mission speakers are really good with good vocals and midrange. I had an audition of yamaha avr[dont remember the model] with missions at total sound, blore. It sounded good.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi Ravi,

Mission speakers are really good with good vocals and midrange. I had an audition of yamaha avr[dont remember the model] with missions at total sound, blore. It sounded good.

Thanks,
Prakash.

+1.....missions go okay with yamahas but i would still suggest a proper 2 channel amp with the missions.

+2 for supras opinion.as far as possible try to keep a 2ch setup for music,and AVR for movies, as otherwise its always a compromise on some level.of course all this is very budget dependent!!build a 5.1 package around AVR for movies and get a good vfm 2ch amp like the NORGE for stereo.complete ur setup slow and ul have best of both worlds.cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back