Please suggest a firm solution to Bypass Laptop onboard Audio & achieve crisp Stereo.

Re: Please suggest a firm solution to Bypass Laptop onboard Audio & achieve crisp Ste

The improvement also depends on the Laptop DAC. My first gen inspiron 15R laptop has a sigmatel chip which has very nice sound, and my standalone dac offers only a bit more detail & headroom

On the otherhand,the Realtek chip on my Sister's 3rd Gen Insprion 15R laptop is pathetic. any half decent DAC would be a major upgrade on it!

Re: Please suggest a firm solution to Bypass Laptop onboard Audio & achieve crisp Ste

In my case i cant accommodate a PC in my room have speakers already and have a Laptop now i am not sure whether to upgrade laptop or to buy a DAC (USB like Audioquest D'fly or cambridge audio dacmagic 100 or some other )

Speakers : Swans M50w 2.1 awesome but seems like input isnt clear enough for them to perform well , 3.5 mm output on laptop via onboard audio makes the sounds go unclear and bassy .
Have you used the same speakers, on the same table top, with any other input source and experienced much better sound?

I didn't see any post in the thread of the kind "These speakers sound lovely when hooked up to my DVD player's analog output, but sound crappy when fed from the laptop."

The matter is probably moot now, after you bought your DAC, but the first culprit for poor sound is the speakers. Moving from onboard to separate standalone speakers is a huge step jump in quality, and if this step jump is not good enough, it's possible that the speakers are a bigger reason than DAC-vs-laptop-audio. Generally speaking.

Sorry everyone for being away and missing the posts ....i dint have a big sized budget to buy a stereo amp and speaker setup... i just wanted to make a setup that has my laptop and active speakers which are Swans and squeezing something audiophile out of it .

I have noticed Schiit Modi uber 2 has made a considerable difference in quality (sound-stage , warmth , vocals) and yes it might be a thing in my mind that it would make a huge difference but it was not as huge as i imagined it would be.

Considering "Garbage in and Garbage out " principle , bypassing the on-board audio now to DAC i wonder will there be anything that i can improve in my Laptop

i tried FLAC and 320k MP3 formats
Today i will try the foobar and Jriver players as i have read lot of recommendations for them

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back