Please suggest a good configuration for HTPC

Any AMD or Intel 8 core cpu
32 gb of ram
8 gb graphics card (latest version will consume least power)
500 watt psu
500 gb ssd

These are minimum for highest quality video playback

Just make sure to buy Nvidia Graphics card. AMD graphics cards are capable but their drivers are awful, very buggy

Dear all,

Ok, now I am ready :) to build a HTPC for utilizing the Tonemapping with MADVR to play all the 4K HDR & DV movies in Sony XW5000 ES laser projector. Also, some time later thinking of upgrading the HTPC to Videoprocessor (http://videoprocessor.org/) so, I can connect whatever the sourcing devices (Apple TV, Shield ETC) to play the HDR perfectly after tonemapped with madvr through Video processor. So, Could you please provide the best build configuration ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
This is my HTPC setup
Intel i3(Purchased used and old generation i3 processor)
Since prices of Graphic card are very very very very very very very very :D High. I salvaged 1050Ti from my work PC into HTPC. I use it to play 4K disk/ISO/FLAC using KODI.
8 GB RAM
UHD Drive
Windows 10 and KODI

You need to check which Graphic cards will meet your requirement for what you are doing. Check the software requirements at Videoprocessor.

This is my HTPC setup
Intel i3(Purchased used and old generation i3 processor)
Since prices of Graphic card are very very very very very very very very :D High. I salvaged 1050Ti from my work PC into HTPC. I use it to play 4K disk/ISO/FLAC using KODI.
8 GB RAM
UHD Drive
Windows 10 and KODI

You need to check which Graphic cards will meet your requirement for what you are doing. Check the software requirements at Videoprocessor.
I believe you won't be getting 12bit color beyond 4k@30hz with 1050TI.. we need to go for RTX3000 series for this..

I believe you won't be getting 12bit color beyond 4k@30hz with 1050TI.. we need to go for RTX3000 series for this..
I don't have 4K, I watch 1080/4k discs on my 1080p projector :D and I am content with it. Maybe in distant future I'll check out 4K.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back