Please suggest a matching amplifier

Kamal K

Please suggest a matching amplifier ?

Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum but have been reading different posts here from some months. I am quite impressed with the knowledge of forum members and above that their willingness to share the same and help others.
I have very limited knowledge on technical aspects so pardon my ignorance. I am trying to build a decent stereo system.
The living room is around 12.5 ft X 13.5 ft but since it has attached open kitchen and bathroom attached to it,the total hall space becomes around 24 ft X 13.5 ft.
I mostly play different instrumental music (flutes/fusion) & bhajans . No loud music. Listening distance will vary between 6 to 15 ft in same living area.

What I have just bought-

Source Marantz CD5004 player
Speakers Klipsch Reference -R -15M
(Still packed as no amplifier)

Looking for an integrated amplifier within 15 to 20k. I am based in Bangalore.
Need advice which amplifier will be a good match?
How will be Norge 2060 or SONODYNE SIA 310 ?What are the other options in 15 to 20 k range ? Can stretch my budget by 5 k max.
Where I can buy some decent speaker wire in Bangalore? What should I ask for?(I need 5 meter only)

All advises will be highly appreciated .

Best Regards,
Kamal

Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum but have been reading different posts here from some months. I am quite impressed with the knowledge of forum members and above that their willingness to share the same and help others.
I have very limited knowledge on technical aspects so pardon my ignorance. I am trying to build a decent stereo system.
The living room is around 12.5 ft X 13.5 ft but since it has attached open kitchen and bathroom attached to it,the total hall space becomes around 24 ft X 13.5 ft.
I mostly play different instrumental music (flutes/fusion) & bhajans . No loud music. Listening distance will vary between 6 to 15 ft in same living area.

What I have just bought-

Source Marantz CD5004 player
Speakers Klipsch Reference -R -15M
(Still packed as no amplifier)

Looking for an integrated amplifier within 15 to 20k. I am based in Bangalore.
Need advice which amplifier will be a good match?
How will be Norge 2060 or SONODYNE SIA 310 ?What are the other options in 15 to 20 k range ? Can stretch my budget by 5 k max.
Where I can buy some decent speaker wire in Bangalore? What should I ask for?(I need 5 meter only)

All advises will be highly appreciated .

Best Regards,
Kamal

At 94dB sensitivity these speakers will not require a very
Powerful amp.

Look for something that has a touch warm signature.

Before you purchase please audition with your speaker. Maybe a used Nad 326 would do fine or maybe a Yamaha stereo amp.

But audition first...

Budget for a pair of speaker stands. There was a pair on sale on the forum or visit sound foundations.in

You can pickup decent interconnects and speaker cable from hifimart.com

Happy hunting..

Mpw

Klipsch Reference being Bright Nature, Either Nad Or Even Marantz should be fine to go with. Checkout the dealers who deals with the Klipsch as well as Marantz or NAD so that you could get the audition to the original set-up your looking for.

Re: Please suggest a matching amplifier ?

Welcome to the forum.

There are many stereo amplifiers you can match with your speakers, the Norge 2060 is a good choice. You can browse in the amplifiers section and search as well and you will definately get many results.

For speaker wire you can head to SP Road and goto MX Electronics which is on the left side from the main road. You get good quality speaker wire at about Rs. 100 per meter for a 14AWG. You can even order online at their store or amazon.

I've been using this and I'm very satisfied. image as below.

51-Sm%2BbwlsL._SL1000_.jpg

Thanks Vanarp, yes Marantz PM5005 can be a good option.

Thanks Saketb for the address of the shop for the cable

Thanks Mpw I will try for audition but I don't understand "touch warm signature". Very new to these terms.

Thanks Audio_Freek, don't understand "Bright in nature"

Thanks Mpw I will try for audition but I don't understand "touch warm signature". Very new to these terms.

Thanks Audio_Freek, don't understand "Bright in nature"

Klipsch due to the Horn loaded Tweeter. The higher frequency sounds may sound a little shrill or emphasized. This basically means Bright .. SO in order to combat it An amp with a warmer sound signature which has more emphasis on the midrange sounds and lower freq sounds would match better and create a somewhat balanced sound

Such as the NAD or Marantz that were quoted by other FM's

So the basic way of looking for Synergy between Amp and Speaker

Bright Speaker + Warm Amplifier
Warm Speaker + Bright Amplifier

However there are many other variables that come into play .. But hope the above answers your question

Thanks Flash for the explaination. So I need a warmer amplifier, If on a tighter budget, whether Norge 4242/2060 or Sonodyne SIA 310 will be a good match for these speakers

Thanks Flash for the explaination. So I need a warmer amplifier, If on a tighter budget, whether Norge 4242/2060 or Sonodyne SIA 310 will be a good match for these speakers

Can not comment on Norge but Sonodyne will be slightly on the brighter side, avoid it with Klipsch. More importantly you can not hear Sonodyne and Klipsch together.
Marantz 5004 is a good bet for you.

I would avoid both . If I were in your place NAD would be on top of my list marantz would be a very close second. And if I had a deeper pocket Arcam would take the top place

Since you mentioned that you are on a shoestring budget . My suggestion would be to keep a close watch on the For Sale section. You could get yourself a very good preowned NAD, marantz or even an Arcam.

Thanks Flash. So I will wait and buy a good amplifier. I don't know much about amplifier so not sure how to pick a pre owned one. How to determine the condition of the amp.
Which models of NAD will be a good match ? Will Marantz PM 5004/5005 will be ok.

Hello All,

Looks like I have start with a used amplifier. With my level of knowledge(ignorance) about amplifiers, I can't risk more then 5k for used amplifier.Can I get a decent amplifier for my set up in that budget or not possible. I will prefer to buy locally in Bangalore

Kamal,

When you go with used stuff, Need to be very careful.If you buy from individual than Dealer its better.Also make sure the amp it not repaired,All functions\buttons working,No difference from left and right channel output take audition and buy only listening.5-7k is decent budget for used Amps but be specific in brand as the durability varies from brand to brand.

Nad,Marantz,Sansui's,Onkyo are easily available at Bangalore.

Hello Friend,

I am closing this thread. I just ordered Marantz PM5004 amplifier, got a good deal on Hifimart.

I really appreciate all the help and advises given to my by fellow forum members.

Special thanks to Audio Freek who have been a great help and very kind to help me with many of my queries.

Thanks,
Kamal

Hello Friend,

I am closing this thread. I just ordered Marantz PM5004 amplifier, got a good deal on Hifimart.

I really appreciate all the help and advises given to my by fellow forum members.

Special thanks to Audio Freek who have been a great help and very kind to help me with many of my queries.

Thanks,
Kamal

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back