Please Suggest AVR + Tower Combo < 1 L

OnePunchMan

Hello Everyone ,

Long time lurker , first time poster.

I have decided to dive deep into the Home Theatre Rabbit hole : D

I am coming from a Onkyo HtiB experience , which i felt was worth the money and served me well. Unfortunately , the AVR got kaput.

So , I am into buying new AVR and a pair of decent Tower speakers.

Even though , i have the old onkyo htib speakers , i dont own a active sub.

So , either :
1.I have to buy AVR + Front Towers first or
2.AVR + sub + use my old speakers

Out of which , i dont know which is a wise route.

I have narrowed down Denon x1600H (Please suggest some good dealers too , I am based out in Chennai )

And for Front towers , I was looking at 3050i.

Will this combo work fine or please suggest any other combination which might be better for the money. Thanks a ton.

Hello Everyone ,

I am coming from a Onkyo HtiB experience , which i felt was worth the money and served me well. Unfortunately , the AVR got kaput.

So , either :

I have narrowed down Denon x1600H (Please suggest some good dealers too , I am based out in Chennai )

Will this combo work fine or please suggest any other combination which might be better for the money. Thanks a ton.
For avr you can check with audioholic hometheater and misterm

Is this going to be used for music also?
If not, then you don't absolutely need towers since the crossover will be at 80 Hz or thereabouts.

Hello Everyone ,

So , either :

All depends on your budget, if you want a good balance between movies and music, suggest you look at Yamaha AVRs ....there are dedicated Brand threads (Yamaha / Marantz / Denon / Pioneer etc) which have first hand user experience etc which would help in understanding performances and pros + cons of these brands...you can then take a call to decide....

All depends on your budget, if you want a good balance between movies and music, suggest you look at Yamaha AVRs ....there are dedicated Brand threads (Yamaha / Marantz / Denon / Pioneer etc) which have first hand user experience etc which would help in understanding performances and pros + cons of these brands...you can then take a call to decide....
I am mostly into movies (netflix , amazon prime , Bluray , Downloaded Content and all that stuff). How about Denon x1600H + Polk S55 combo or Denon x1600H + Q Acoustics 3050i

Which would suit better for Movies ! ?

And Q Acoustics has a warranty for 1 yr whereas Polk has 3 years - Do i need to consider warranty and important factor while making purchase ?

Initially will be running in 2.0 mode , and will be building the system gradually.

Is this going to be used for music also?
If not, then you don't absolutely need towers since the crossover will be at 80 Hz or thereabouts.
I will using it mostly for Movies alone. And at times little bit of music during leisure.

Initially planning for 2.0 setup and will build the system gradually.

Just confused which would suit better for my needs ;

1.Denon x1600H + Polk S55

2.Denon X1600H + Q Acoustics 3050i

S55 perform without the subwoofer

Very good - those 6.5in drivers set very high standards for me to get a good sub to match them.

I haven't listened 3050i and S55 together in same setup - they were in two different auditions. I liked them both. You can have a quick look at my journey of S55 and alternate recommendations in this video:

Hello Everyone ,

So , either :

This is a good combination (3050i and Denon 1600 ) but if you are still looking out for a good LCR at around 1 L I think you may reach out fm@SiddharthY who recently got the front stage from IndiqAudio and also fm @musiz_craze too picked up a 1600 and the same LCR and I remember him telling me that he was very happy with the performance and details.
I am sure they can give you their opinions that can help narrowing your search.
May be you can also look at Q Acoustics 3030i for LR and Center and add a sub too by stretching a little but then I feel you may need to go for a slightly better AVR like 3600 and Above which gives you the flexibility of adding a power amp in the future just in case you decide building a full Atmos set up.

Regards,
Som

Completely forgot about this. Just remembered, when I was looking out for a Stereo Set Up, I did audition the Gold Series Towers from IndiqAudio paired with Denon 1300 and it was very good. I am not sure of the exact price for the towers but then considering Denon 1600 is available within 45K you should be able to get this combination within 1L if I am not wrong and definitely a great sounding speakers.

This is a good combination (3050i and Denon 1600 ) but if you are still looking out for a good LCR at around 1 L I think you may reach out fm@SiddharthY who recently got the front stage from IndiqAudio and also fm @musiz_craze too picked up a 1600 and the same LCR and I remember him telling me that he was very happy with the performance and details.
I am sure they can give you their opinions that can help narrowing your search.
May be you can also look at Q Acoustics 3030i for LR and Center and add a sub too by stretching a little but then I feel you may need to go for a slightly better AVR like 3600 and Above which gives you the flexibility of adding a power amp in the future just in case you decide building a full Atmos set up.

Regards,
Som
The reason , i decided to go with Denon x1600 was because of limitations within a rented apartment at the moment (planning to move in a year or so) , cudnt install the 4 ceiling speakers. And more over , I am based out in chennai , can you suggest good dealers who offer denon x1600h under 45K in chennai ?

The reason , i decided to go with Denon x1600 was because of limitations within a rented apartment at the moment (planning to move in a year or so) , cudnt install the 4 ceiling speakers. And more over , I am based out in chennai , can you suggest good dealers who offer denon x1600h under 45K in chennai ?
Not sure in Chennai but in Bangalore you can reach out to Kaushik +91 74119 47752. When I was looking out for 2600, he more or less offered me that price for 1600 but then I am not sure of the availability of stock at the moment.
Most sites say it’s Out of Stock.
You can reach out to HiFiMART and check with them for stock and availability as well. They too offer a good price.

Regards,
Som

I am mostly into movies (netflix , amazon prime , Bluray , Downloaded Content and all that stuff). How about Denon x1600H + Polk S55 combo or Denon x1600H + Q Acoustics 3050i

Which would suit better for Movies ! ?

And Q Acoustics has a warranty for 1 yr whereas Polk has 3 years - Do i need to consider warranty and important factor while making purchase ?

Initially will be running in 2.0 mode , and will be building the system gradually.

Depending on use etc, some of us would look at the warranty factor. My take is compare the specs, the looks and warranty and take a call if you cant audition in person. See some Youtube videos to get some ideas if someone has the same combo you are referring to.

Usually tower speakers give out decent bass but also depends on how much of bass you want....room shaking if you are a bass head and hence a large sub is required to ensure you are satisfied or decent amount of punch and bass which is required to complete the listening spectrum of frequencies.

Hey! If you have not purchased AVR yet, look at the For Sale Section. FM @fLUX has put up a relatively new Denon 2600 and Q Acoustics LCR up for sale. Grab it before it’s gone if not already.

Regards,
Som

Hey! If you have not purchased AVR yet, look at the For Sale Section. FM @fLUX has put up a relatively new Denon 2600 and Q Acoustics LCR up for sale. Grab it before it’s gone if not already.

Regards,
Som
That was a very sweet deal. If I was looking for a upgrade right now, then I would have surely grabbed it.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back