Please suggest digital to analog converter

navjyot

hi,
can someone suggest me a dac for my upcoming stereo setup.
dali zensor 3/dali oberon 3 with marantz pm6006.
i want to play bollywood music from my mobile using various apps like gaana/youtube music premium etc etc. i can connect cable from mobile if bluetooth support is not there.
need suggestion for dac.
1. decent dac which can do justice to this setup.
2. cheap dac for the time being which can be used for few months before upgrading to decent dac.

got some info from this link.
>>>
The Oberon 3s were placed on 24-inch stands about two meters apart. The primary daily driver was Spotify Premium (16-bit/48kHz) fed via optical into the Chord Mojo which then fed into the Rega Elex-R over a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable. For serious listening, lossless (FLAC) tracks were played back via foobar2000 music player with the Mojo doing all the data crunching.
>>>
some more from old thread

got some more info from other thread. thanks all

The marantz PM6006 already has an inbuilt dac. If you wish to buy a standalone desktp DAC , the smsl su-8 is a nice option. If you are looking for portable I have an apex glacier dac/amp which was initially launched for 500$ for sale , let me know if that interests you

Hi Navjyot,

You can also consider the Rega Dac-R. I am currently using it.

While it is not the most resolving DAC, I really like how it conveys music and a sense of naturalness.

I believe Tusker Audio is the dealer for India. You could ask them for a home audition.

If you are going to use the same amp then better.use the DAC inbuilt in the amp as external DAC does not improve much and I have experienced it.

Hi Navjyot,

You can also consider the Rega Dac-R. I am currently using it.

While it is not the most resolving DAC, I really like how it conveys music and a sense of naturalness.

I believe Tusker Audio is the dealer for India. You could ask them for a home audition.
thanks

Get an allo piano dac and streamer if you are tech savvy. Will keep you satisfied for long. Otherwise you will need to jump upto 500 dollar range or higher dac. Improvements in dacs are very subtle. Dont go by asr measurements only listen if possible, that site can be misleading.

Digital audio is a moving target, that’s why many top players like MSB and DCS are going modular and are software upgradable.
In contrast , a good Class A amp will be great for many years to come.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back